Post some great bands you saw this summer. Some great stories with bands you had this year. All that good stuff.

The reason I thought of this thread is because I went to Warped Tour yesterday, and Anti-Flag took the show. They were so incredible. Chris #2 stage dove, we made a "Warped tour History Making Circle Pit" Which was about the entirety of the crowd. It was just an amazing experience. Best show of the year.

How about all you?
Quote by Grindar
Said "mmmmgrbllll?", and proceed to fornicate with the omelets.

Quote by magnus_maximus
I don't know whether to laugh, cry or ejaculate.
Show? Like... outside?

I'm in my mom's basement and what is this?
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
went to rock on the range canada at the beginning of summer. blew my f*cking mind. pissed rain all day but it was still an amazing show.

going to blink 182 tonight. with the exception of fallout boy it should be really damn good
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
testament in worcester ma with unearth and lazarus ad

they kicked ass
My You'll be the Baddest Dude in Revere!

My Gear:
-Fender Mexican Stratocaster
-Silvertone Paul Stanley Signature Acoustic
-Fender Princeton 65w
-DOD Death Metal
Quote by iron_maiden97
went to rock on the range canada at the beginning of summer. blew my f*cking mind. pissed rain all day but it was still an amazing show.

going to blink 182 tonight. with the exception of fallout boy it should be really damn good

Yeah, I was gonna see blink on the 15th, but I couldn't bring myself to go through the torture of Failout Boy and Panic at the Disco.
Quote by Grindar

Quote by magnus_maximus
Unfortuneatly I didn't go see anyone this summer. All the bands I want to see are touring in the fall it seems. Only thing that has happened so far is my brother bought me 2 VIP passes to my favorite band for my up coming birthday.
We sailed through endless skies...

Quote by King Twili

if someone sigs this i will be fairly displeased.

Lady Gaga has a penis! >>EVIDENCE<<

i¯i▀▀▀i¯i‾°δ‾‾Pך]█████████████████████████
nine inch nails in mountain view ca was amazing.

devildriver last week in tucson was pretty kick ass. i got kicked out for crowd surfing ONCE but i snuck back in and just took my shirt off and it was all good.
Go Veg.
Sonisphere, with Metallica, Slipknot, Korn, Down, Pendulum and all sorts of stuff. Mastodon cancelled. I was so pissed off.
On the second place: Dirk Diggler's farewell party to their singer was awesome, even if it's just some local coverband.
Quote by im not mental
nine inch nails in mountain view ca was amazing.

devildriver last week in tucson was pretty kick ass. i got kicked out for crowd surfing ONCE but i snuck back in and just took my shirt off and it was all good.

Wow, that's sh*t. I hate douchey Bouncers.
Quote by Grindar

Quote by magnus_maximus
dont feel special about the circle pit, theyve done that at every show at warped, i went to the MD stop, and i agree anti-flag were amazing, but black tide really stole it for me. different tastes i suppose

hopefully going to mayhem in a few days, if not, warped is gonna be the extent of my summer concert experiences
NOPE
Dave Matthews Band and Phish at Fenway Park in Boston in the same weekend. Incredible shows. Marijuana being decriminalized only added to the fun.

Also, State Radio and T.V on the Radio.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror
Last edited by freshtunes at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by TwilightX
Yeah, I was gonna see blink on the 15th, but I couldn't bring myself to go through the torture of Failout Boy and Panic at the Disco.

yeah i know what you mean

i plan to spend fallout boy's set in the merch line
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
i´ve been to my first big event, optimus alive with mastodon, lamb of god,machine head,slipknot and metallica! \m/
all i can say is...AWESOME SHOW
i moshed so hard during lamb of god and machine head that i had to sit during slipknot to get some rest xD

at a point everybody was pushing each other and i could barely breath...i managed to escape into a more espaced position,only to find out that i was in the middle of the moshpit xD
I saw Judas Priest with Whitesnake and Popevil. I saw Sacred Oath with Suicide Jack and Kalibur. AAAAND I saw Green Day with the Kaiser Chiefs. And today I'm seeing Incubus with The Duke Spirit.

Aww yeaaah. And I'm seeing Metallica, Lamb Of God, and Volbeat in November, but I don't think that counts as summer...
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
2nd July - Fightstar and Young Guns for the iTunes festival

Was an awesome night, touched Charlie, and some dodgy girl tried to get off with me, I ran through the mosh pit to get away, she followed and got punched in the face

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I saw Styx, Green Day, and yesterday was Prog Nation, all excellent shows. The 23 I get to see Heaven and Hell and Coheed and Cambria, can't wait.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
2nd July - Fightstar and Young Guns for the iTunes festival

Was an awesome night, touched Charlie, and some dodgy girl tried to get off with me, I ran through the mosh pit to get away, she followed and got punched in the face

HAha wtf
Quote by EndTheRapture51

some dodgy girl tried to get off with me, I ran through the mosh pit to get away, she followed and got punched in the face
Judas priest- amazing
Whitesnake opening for them- decent
pop evil opening for them- terrible, lead guitar player was about as good as a 13 year old kid
Quote by fatmanslim12
Judas priest- amazing
Whitesnake opening for them- decent
pop evil opening for them- terrible, lead guitar player was about as good as a 13 year old kid

Haha! Exactly my thoughts!
Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black pucks with sticks.

Quote by sw1ss023
awesomeness scares me
he makes me want to scream "wee"
he gives me a boner

My Band - Facebook

Twitter - Metal_Quotes

last.fm

-jakewilliams.tumblr.com
I saw Incubus a couple of weeks back. Passed around a couple joints with some random guy in the crowd and had the most amazing concert experience of my life. Everything about that show was just perfect.
Dream Theater and Prog Nation '09!

I don't think it's fair to say that DT was the best act though, the sound guy sucked and pretty much ruined Bigelf for a lot of people.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
So far this summer I went to Opeth headlining for Enslaved at a local music venue. That was kickass, Mikael Akerfeldt said that he liked my hair .

I also went to Mayhem Fest yesterday. So much crazy **** happened. I saw 3 guys in dresses, someone cracked their skull during a Cannibal Corpse moshpit, and I finally got to see Slayer live which was totally badass.
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
Only gig I've been to this summer happens to be the best one of my life!!

NIN at the O2 in London. What makes it better is that about 3 weeks before the show I'd resigned myself to not going then my girlfriend found some standing tickets.

Highlight of the night - Gary frickin' Numan came out for a couple of songs.
I won once...
Quote by Recon _/
i give up,you won HAHAHAH

On July 15th 2009 I finally saw [NIИ] live!
Quote by TwilightX

The reason I thought of this thread is because I went to Warped Tour yesterday, and Anti-Flag took the show. They were so incredible. Chris #2 stage dove, we made a "Warped tour History Making Circle Pit" Which was about the entirety of the crowd. It was just an amazing experience. Best show of the year.

they told us our circle pit was history making!
AC/DC at Hampden was an obvious great one. Seeing Malcolm and Angus in their birth town is something special.
Quote by sallybitv
am i the only bi tranny that plays guitar

if i had 20 minutes to live i'de poop in a urinal
FRONT ROW TO TOOL!!!!

Beat that haha. Right in between Adam Jones and Maynard. Amazing show, the guy next to me was on shrooms and everyone was going crazy. I left the show drenched in beer and sweat and couldn't hear right for the next few days.
Will you count may as summer?

Anyway

May 1st: i saw Protest the Hero, The Number Twelve Looks Like You, Misery Signals and Scale The Summit but mostly just the first and last bands.

May 8th i saw Kreator, Exodus, Belphegor and Warbringer.

And on July 30th i went to a show with a bunch of bands but only went to see DevilDriver, Despised Icon and a bit of Veil of Maya.

Not much that ive seen ... missed out on pretty much all of the bigger tours.

however, on september 28th i'mma go and see Metallica, Gojira, and Lamb of God so i'm pretty happy about that as ive never seen gojira and its been forever since a lamb of god show and i cant really remember it.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Sonisphere in Finland was prolly the best for me. Mastodon, Lamb of God, Machine Head, Linkin Park, Saxon and METALLICA!! :p sucks Phil Demmel passed out halfway thru the machine head set though. Also saw slipknot, Disturbed, Volbeat, and Faith No More at ruisrock. Both festivals kicked some major ass !
Hop Farm Festival was awesome.

Was half-cut to drunk all weekend, the weather was scorching hot and there were awesome bands on:

Johnny Foreigner, The Joy Formidable, The Twilight Sad, 65daysofstatic, Howling Bells, Mystery Jets, British Sea Power, Florence + The Machine, Fight Like Apes, Dananananaykroyd and probably some other I've forgot...
Warped 09 in Long Island was crazy.

Before Less than Jake were on the stage, we were all throwing a beach ball around and had a water bottle fight.

Also, there were 3 or 4 guys dressed as Teletubbies and one dressed as Green Man. One of the teletubbies cracked his head open.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.