I have a Little Squier Stratocaster that has been sitting in the corner for quite a while. I'm going to be getting a new maple neck, pickups, tuners, bridge, etc...

I love the look of a new guitar, and this White 2002 Squire Affinity Strat has gotten that Vintage Cream look. Its a cool look, but I would much prefer that Olympic White look it once had.

Anyway I can get that Olympic White back, and get rid of the Vintage Cream?

Thanks,

Lifelines
RIGG:

Squier "20th Anniversary" Stratocaster
Yamaha FCX720SCA Acoustic
Yamaha Classical CM40
Peavey Vypyr 30 Amplifier
Repaint it. Look in the Guitar Building and Customizing section for more info.
Anything I can use without having to paint?
RIGG:

Yamaha Classical CM40
For the cost of the new neck, pickup, bridge, tuners, etc, and work to repaint it... Just get yourself a MIM Strat. I've seen them used for about $300..

New from musicians Friend $499

http://img3.musiciansfriend.com/dbase/pics/products/3/9/1/581391.jpg

EDIT: and repainting a guitar so it looks like a factory finish isn't easy.

You might try some automotive rubbing compound in an inconspicuous spot. It may take away the yellow.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by BobDetroit
You might try some automotive rubbing compound in an inconspicuous spot. It may take away the yellow.
Won't work on the thick poly finishes Squiers have.

Anyway, your only option if you want to keep the same guitar is to refinish it, which as others have said, is timely and hard to do well, especially with a white finish which will show up any mistakes very clearly; even harder to get an 'olympic' white style finish, which requires odd basecoats.

I would say you could get a new body made, but the cost of a new body would be more than the Squier's worth anyway. Buying a new MIM Fender is definitely the most cost-effective way to go.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
Won't work on the thick poly finishes Squiers have.

Poly.... Yup, he's right.
Would it be smarter to get a Epiphone LesPaul or an MIM Strat.
RIGG:

Yamaha Classical CM40
If you like Strats, get the Strat. If you like Les Pauls, get a Les Paul.

They're completely opposite guitars. Neither is 'better' and comparing them is a fruitless task.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I meant, which has better hardware. Which is better quality for the price. I know that the sound is totally differant.
RIGG:

Yamaha Classical CM40
In terms of hardware and electronics, the Epi's hardware is better; 18:1 Grover tunes, LockTone bridges, full size pots; the pickups are nothing special but they're not utterly terrible either, they're just very, very painfully average.

On the other hand, Fender QC is far better than Epiphone's as far as North America and Canada are concerned and the build quality is arguably slightly better, so you're more likely to get a well-built MIM Strat than you are to get a well-built Epi unless you shop around and try lots out in stores; if you're thinking of buying online, the Epi's not even a viable option since their QC for America and Canada is so bad.