Hey everyone,

I recently decided I was going to rebuild my little Squier Stratocaster. I found this set of SD pickups, just wondering if anyone has these on one of their guitars. They good for any AC/DC, Guns N' Roses, Cream, Eric Johnson, Eagles...?

Also, I wouldn't need a H-H-H configuration to place these pickups in would I? My Strat only has an S-S-S config. Plus these pickups we're in the Strat Single Coil section, and not the Strat Humbucker section. So I am not too sure.

Thanks,

Lifelines
RIGG:

Squier "20th Anniversary" Stratocaster
Yamaha FCX720SCA Acoustic
Yamaha Classical CM40
Peavey Vypyr 30 Amplifier
Yeah, we need more than the brand name to go off of.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
They're made to fit into single coil slots, and yes to your question about versatility.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Okay thanks.
RIGG:

Squier "20th Anniversary" Stratocaster
Yamaha FCX720SCA Acoustic
Yamaha Classical CM40
Peavey Vypyr 30 Amplifier
They'll certainly be more suitable than regular singlecoil pickups, but don't be tricked into thinking they are going to sound like full humbuckers. You mention Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Cream... Guns N' Roses and Cream do need full humbuckers, fixed bridges and thicker bodies to get that full tone they have. AC/DC you can probably manage if you're not brain-dead when EQing your amp. But basically, don't think those pickups will make your guitar sound like it has full humbuckers, let alone make it sound like an SG or Les Paul style guitar. It's still going to sound like a Strat, with just less noise and a bit more 'thump' when playing chords - in my experience, 'singlecoil sized humbuckers' still sound a lot like normal singlecoils when playing individual notes, especially with lower gain or a completely clean tone.

In short, they're alright pickups and will get you slightly closer to the tone you want, but don't expect miracles. You can't get a Strat to sound like it has full 'buckers unless you get a pickguard cut for humbuckers (most Strats are routed for at least HSH, though many have universal routes that can take any pickup in any position) and use actual humbuckers. Even then it'll still not quite have the full tone of say, an SG like that of Cream and AC/DC.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.