Page 1 of 2
If you are interested in hearing what your guitar would sound like after being re-amped, then you don't have to wait much longer. I will do it all for free dudes, i have made a thread in the "Musician Ads" forum and though there might be more people in this forum that would be interested in this.

You can find out more details in my thread in the musician ads, if this thead is against the rules, I will take it down as soon as I can.
i'm interested. what kind of amps do you have?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Yeah dude, that's not re-amping. Why would I waste my time sending you stuff to put through FREE plugins? :/
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
Or costs 0 to torrent. Also, if people send you thin, weedy DI'd guitar tracks, no matter what you do, they won't sound as good as a mic on an amp. crap in, crap out.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
No no no, i can make a thin and crappy DI track sound like a thick Metallica Black Album sound. All i need is your DI tracks and if you have the bass and drum tracks i can put it together for you. and remember, i am doing this all for free, you don't have to pay the usual 60 that most people would want for re-amping. and some of those were using software.
Hey there, this is quite interesting... do you have any settings that could make my electric guitar sound like an acoustic?

I am recording a song that requires an acoustic guitar, but i only have electrics.

Thanks,
AJ
Seriously, I've heard this done & done it myself many times before I got decent mics. If the results were as good as you claim, studios would throw away their mics & just directly record guitars, but they still shell out thousands of pounds on Neumann mics & acoustic treatment.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
I guess there's only one way to find out if they are good... do you have any sound clips we can listen to?
I would love to hear them!

Also, please reply to message two posts above this
Quote by ankthebank
Hey there, this is quite interesting... do you have any settings that could make my electric guitar sound like an acoustic?

I am recording a song that requires an acoustic guitar, but i only have electrics.

Thanks,
AJ

I can make some samples that sound like an acoustic for you dude. and i will put a sample of the crushing tones i can make as well.
Hmm, very interesting... is it ok if i send you a file or two in a couple of days?
The file won't be anything serious, just to see what it sounds like
lol, I'll put you to the test as soon as I find my firewire cable!
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Also, how does the guitar have to recorded for any effect to take place?
Just clean?
i am also willing to bet 5 bucks on this

IMO
muckypup and ryan should do a "reamp" through software each
and they will send them to me
where i will post them up with a poll and people can listen to them blind (like the files just being named "a" and "b" so you don't know whose is whose, to prevent bias) and vote on which is their favourite.

Let's do it.
YES?

Because quite frankly, I call bull**** on muckypup.
It's not re-amping if you're using ****ing software.
And if I am not mistaken, muckypup learnt all he knew about that **** from my topic, which makes it even more of a pisstake that he's trying to make money off something that I did to avoid cunts like him pulling this sort of stunt.

NO-ONE should have to pay for digital amp simulation tones, no-one.

Do a shoot-out. If the poll decides your tone is better, muckypup, then I take back all I've said, but until then, you're a dick.
Ok, i'm up for the above poll... but when did he ever say that people need to pay for it?
Oddly enough - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KTP82V18

Here are 2 directly recorded guitar tracks, they sound flat & crap, despite being recorded using a £2000 guitar.

If you guys both want to re-amp them as best as you can, then upload the 2 tracks & send me a link, I will put together 3 full mixes (mucky's 're-amp', ryan's re-amp & my mic'd tracks) and upload all 3 to my profile for polling and comparrison.

Sound good?

(by the way, excuse the mistakes, this was recorded in 10 minutes, after not playing the song in 6 months, but it will serve our purpose)
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Last edited by Sonny_sam at Aug 2, 2009,
wait, MY BAD. I'm tired and a dick and wrote it without really realizing.
What I said still stands though.
I
CALL
BULL****.

And call me a dick, but with all due respect Sonny, I'd like to be the one to post up the poll.
I don't particularly know why. Haha.
Had plenty of experience trying to present shoot-outs in an unbiased as possible way. I can upload the wavs to a permanent host that wont have flash players ****ing about with the files, imposing any cuts of quality on anything
Last edited by Dream Pin at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by Dream Pin

IMO
muckypup and ryan should do a "reamp" through software each
and they will send them to me
where i will post them up with a poll and people can listen to them blind (like the files just being named "a" and "b" so you don't know whose is whose, to prevent bias) and vote on which is their favourite.

Let's do it.
YES?

yes.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
and to say you can give someone a metallica black album sound is outright silly.
Thousands of dollars worth of tube amps going through expensive cabinets in real rooms with perfect acoustics miced up with a **** load of mics on both sides of the cab, perfectly phase matched and all put into expensive preamps and you claim you can achieve that with a VST?
I love my VST amp sims man, or else I wouldn't have made that tutorial, but that **** can only take you so far.
Know your limitations.
Quote by CatharsisStudio
you need to record another rythm track so you have 2 rythm tracks.

so you want both the rhythym & overdubs double tracked?

or just bounced in stereo?
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
guys go in the VST amp topic and take the DI's from the rar file I linked to in the first post.
They're made for **** like this.

Let's keep it to
ONLY rhythm guitars, no lead.
One stereo wav bounce.

muckypup, PM me for my msn
ryan you already have mine

both of you send me your "re-amps" when you're done, don't tell me what amp sim(s) you used, what cab sim, what boost, what anything.

no eq, not even high pass or low pass. TOTALLY raw.
unity gain.
i will most likely match the volumes though, because if one is louder than the other, that will get more votes due to the human condition of people liking louder ****.

there's the rules, get to it gents.
Meh, sorry for my screwup, it's been a while.
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
^^I guess this guy's the boss, if you're interested I could record the rhythm again anyway just for the pure hell of an unrelated DI/3 mics in a church hall comparrison?
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Wav or MP3 dream pin?
Quote by griffRG7321

Quote by Flying Couch

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
Page 1 of 2