Hey yall, I'm trying to fix some fret buzz issues with my guitar. I checked the relief on my neck and I'm pretty sure it has a backbow, there is no space between the 12 fret and fretboard with I fret the first and last frets. I've tightened the truss rod about half a turn (over several adjustments) and there is still almost no space between the 12th fret and the string. Should I keep tightening it? So far its required very little force to turn the rod if that means anything. I'm kind of paranoid about damaging my baby, so what should I do?
You should be putting relief on the neck, it's anti-clock turn I believe?
Also, move it about a 1/4 turn AT MOST and leave it to settle.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
lefty loosey righty tighty.

GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by TheEarlOfDublin
Hey yall, I'm trying to fix some fret buzz issues with my guitar. I checked the relief on my neck and I'm pretty sure it has a backbow, there is no space between the 12 fret and fretboard with I fret the first and last frets. I've tightened the truss rod about half a turn (over several adjustments) and there is still almost no space between the 12th fret and the string. Should I keep tightening it? So far its required very little force to turn the rod if that means anything. I'm kind of paranoid about damaging my baby, so what should I do?

Please at least do some research before messing with the truss rod. You want to LOOSEN the truss rod to fix a backbow. Loosen it a 1/4 turn at a time, about 3 or 4 times (since you've already tightened it half a turn).
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
Wow its amazing how much of a tonal difference there is in my guitar now that I fixed the backbow. The reason i had it backwards was because the site I used was a video and the guy worded it confusingly and said to tighten for a reverse bow, and I read that as meaning tighten to fix reverse bow, but he meant tighten to GET more reverse bow... hehe
^Haha I can see how you would make that mistake.. at least it's fixed now
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Marshall JCM2000 DSL401
That's weird and also the reason why I hate youtube.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.