would putting a 15" speaker in a Valve Junior be possible without any modifications to the chasis of the cabinet?
Youll have to remove the baffle and make a new one. Also you cant put any speaker in. I reckon the volume of a 12 cab would be too small for most 15" speakers.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Its open backed so the volume shouldnt be such an issue. But its unlikely there will be enough room in the cab for a speaker 3" bigger than the original.
Quote by willwelsh816
will 3 inches make that much of a difference?

Yes actually. You're talking about a speaker that is 25% bigger in diamiter than the one your amp is designed for. that's quite a considerable difference. You'd need to bore out the speaker hole to be bigger than what it is now, that's if it'll fit in the cab which i doubt it will.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
guys, the VJ has an 8" speaker. We're talking nearly doubling the speaker size.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by willwelsh816
would putting a 15" speaker in a Valve Junior be possible without any modifications to the chasis of the cabinet?
probably not.

The exterior dimensions of a VJ extension cab are 18.25" square for the front.
subract the thickness of the materials and you're down to about 16" for interior dimensions. But there are cleats that the front baffle attaches to.
Measure between these cleats. I doubt you'll have 15".

In addition to ripping off the grill cloth, tolex and logo, making a larger opening, and drilling new holes to mount the speaker, then putting on new grille cloth, you'll also need to modify the cleats. It can be done. It will be messy.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
It is a tight fit to get a 12" speaker in there. You can not get any bigger than that. Instead you need to think about an extension cab or building a custom cab
Not taking any online orders.