So i was thinking of getting a new Guitar but have decided aggaisnt it and want a new amp. I currently have marshall amps mg15cdr Link but ive been looking at Peavey Vypyr is it much on an improvement.

Budget - There isnt really a limit but i dont wont to spend hundreds on an amp that i will mostly use at home
Genre - Mainly Metal and Rock but will be used to others to
Last edited by the_b1ues at Aug 2, 2009,
not a real big improvement IMO, vypyrs sound much better than MGs but not as good as most people make it out to

we need the whole budget/genre/budget deal
Budget - There isnt really a limit but i dont wont to spend hundreds on an amp that i will mostly use at home
Genre - Mainly Metal and Rock but will be used to others to
I have the 30w Vypyr and It is a nice little basement shaker with a lot of goodies packed inside.
Funny

(\__/)
(='o'=)
(")_(")
Quote by Wolf 6
if you have the money get a 30w vypyr, best modeling amp yet.

ever heard of line6? spiders suck but the other modellers they make are amazing. Anywho since you said you don't have a limit, blackstar HT-5 will do for rock/maybe metal with a boost.
Quote by kurtebirdi
ever heard of line6? spiders suck but the other modellers they make are amazing. Anywho since you said you don't have a limit, blackstar HT-5 will do for rock/maybe metal with a boost.

I said i didnt have a limit but i didnt wont to spend hundreds lol.
well, you could pick one up for maybe 300 used, its going to be a huge step from the MG, while a vypyr or cube will only be a medium sized one. I wasn't assuming you were spending over 4 or 5 hundred
Quote by kurtebirdi
well, you could pick one up for maybe 300 used, its going to be a huge step from the MG, while a vypyr or cube will only be a medium sized one. I wasn't assuming you were spending over 4 or 5 hundred

300 dollers or pounds. I like the effects and stuff the vypyr has.

Do you have a link to the HT?

I think my limit will be around the £150 mark
Last edited by the_b1ues at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by the_b1ues
300 dollers or pounds. I like the effects and stuff the vypyr has.

Do you have a link to the HT?

Maybe you should just go to your local guitar store and try amps out.
Amps:
Fender Frontman 15r

Guitars:
Epiphone Dot Studio
Squier Strat

Pedals:
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss DS-1
Quote by the_b1ues
maybe i have issues with my shop lol

You live in UK, correct? Vox should be cheaper there. Try a Pathfinder or Valvetronix:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Pathfinder-15R-Guitar-Amp-with-Reverb?sku=481948
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-VT15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=483551

The Valvetronix is a modeling amp, somewhat similar to your MG. The Pathfinder is not, however. If you don't need all of those effects, I'd suggest the Pathfinder.

NOTE: I don't think this site ships to Europe, so you'll have to find these amps on a different site. Their not too hard to find, though.
ave a look into the Blackstar HT5 they seem to be taking over this forum and they arent bad especially for the price.

but the VOX Valvetronix range is better than the peavey VYper even though its good i dont think a modelling amp is really the way to go, have a look at trading your MG in though
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
what sort of effects and things to the Blackstar have and what sort of price are they?
yeh roughly if im looking for effects and stuff and im only playing at home should i just stick with the marshall and get an effects pedal?
as long as your just playing at home if the marshall is working, you shouldn't really concern yourself too much with an amp. The blackstar was intended as a higher end practice amp/studio amp. If you're looking for an OK tone, and FX to play with either ditch the MG and get a valvetronix/flextone or buy a multi FX and keep you marshall
Quote by the_b1ues

Why not? Don't you like great tone?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
orange crush 15's seem preety good you should consider them vypers i dont know they never appealed too me the line 6 stole my heart but one thing i have to admit MARSHALLS FOR LIFE!

i was just looking at the marshall mg30fx its preety preety good not to mention a ear drum bleeder so that should also be considered.
Gear:
-Epiphone les paul special II
-Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by the_b1ues
Yeh the marshall works fine. So i think i may be better with a multi fx pedal.

You'd be way better off with a new amp mate.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
You'd be way better off with a new amp mate.

^This. The MG is definitely not a great amp by any means and a multi-FX pedal (ESPECIALLY the cheap ones) will not make it sound any better.
Quote by gtosteve65
vypyrs all the way i got a 75 watt louder than a train and sounds amazing

+1 i love mine.
I love my Spider III and idc what people on these forums say. Maybe you should just save up and buy a nice tube amp when u have the cash. Stick with ur MG for now since its just practice anyway.
The thing that i liked about the Vypre was the effects and things and i needed a new amp and my parents are offering to buy me one for my bday.
Quote by the_b1ues
The thing that i liked about the Vypre was the effects and things and i needed a new amp and my parents are offering to buy me one for my bday.

And if you get them effects and stuff set right. it sounds really good.
Quote by the_b1ues
So should i get a Vypre or is there anything better if i pay a tiny bit more?

Better is all a matter of opinion. There may be stuff that is as good, i guess it comes down to what you like the sound of. I still say you cant go wrong with a vypyr for your needs right now.
Yeh but will it give me a better sound and could i get something better for the same price