Hello UG!

It's time for me to get a new guitar and a tubeamp, I have been looking on the LTD h-1001 for awhile, and I think the guitar is great for me thin neck, 24 frets etc. The problems is that I cant try the guitar, before buying it. And I don't really like the abalone purfling finnish. I'm looking for the one with 81/85 Emg's. Other than that I think it's a great guitar for me, but I would love some help from you guys.

The Amp I have been on looking for is the Blackstar HT-5 (head 5W) Yeah, its only 5W but I will use it as a homeamp. I think I will use it with a Harley Bentson vintage 12x4.

Well this is my budget, well I can go abit higher, but only if it's really worth it. What do you guys think?

Kind regards

/MM
sounds like a solid plan other than not being able to try out the guitar but sometimes that cant be helped
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Quote by justinb904
sounds like a solid plan other than not being able to try out the guitar but sometimes that cant be helped

I think you're right, sometimes you have to gamble. But well, LTD is known high quality so I think I will love the guitar.
nooo that is a bad idea. Trust me. When I was looking into buying my Jackson, I was looking at the ESP M-1000. It looked so sick online and had all the features I wanted, but upon playing it I didn't like it. Go out and try it, and play whatever you can. You should never just buy a guitar without trying it out first.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Quote by justinb904

Sounds solid to me! If you can try the guitar that would be best. The amp you selected is bad ass! It may be only 5 watts but don't let that fool you for a second that ****er can get loud!

Only thing I would change is trying different guitars out. LTD rocks for the price but the best advise I can offer is try the guitar out first. Ether way I think you got a good combo.

I'll let the other member's steer you straight.
Quote by Richmanofaction
nooo that is a bad idea. Trust me. When I was looking into buying my Jackson, I was looking at the ESP M-1000. It looked so sick online and had all the features I wanted, but upon playing it I didn't like it. Go out and try it, and play whatever you can. You should never just buy a guitar without trying it out first.

Well youre right, the probllem is that I only can try ESP eclipse II LTD 260. Thats the only ESP/LTD guitars I can try. You said you didnt like the M-1000, was it the neck? or just the 'feel ?
Quote by MetalMantis
Well youre right, the probllem is that I only can try ESP eclipse II LTD 260. Thats the only ESP/LTD guitars I can try. You said you didnt like the M-1000, was it the neck? or just the 'feel ?

Its all preference, I found it to be cheaply made for a 1500 dollar guitar. All guitars are different, so you have to try them out regardless.

The LTD Eclipse is completely different from the one you're looking at- the LTD h-1001 is a Superstrat while the Eclipse is an SG style guitar. That would be like cross comparing a Les Paul and a SG just because they are both Gibson.

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

The Eclipse is a Les Paul shape... Viper is an SG shape... just thought being a dick would help here...

Essentially, it has more wood for more tone and its heavier than a superstrat shape.

But the necks for any ESP LTD will be pretty close to being the same. I'm pretty sure most of the high end ones have thin-U shaped necks.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
The Eclipse is a Les Paul shape... Viper is an SG shape... just thought being a dick would help here...

Essentially, it has more wood for more tone and its heavier than a superstrat shape.

But the necks for any ESP LTD will be pretty close to being the same. I'm pretty sure most of the high end ones have thin-U shaped necks.

Hes right ha whoops- but hopefully you got the gist of what I was saying

Quote by Perp8tualMotion

sounds pretty br00tal 5w of tube amps can get loud quickly. Maybe you should pick up an attenuator.
02 MiM Telecaster-----\__Digitech Whammy__TS-10__535q__DE-7__6505+ 112
91 Heartfield Talon II-/