Not quite sure where to post this one, but i figure this'll do. I'm pretty interested in getting a double neck guitar with one guitar neck and one bass neck. The best I've seen around was some kind of rickenbacker that was sexy as ****. But expensive.

So yeah, any experience or recommendations?
they are all expensive as hell
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
6-string/bass combo double necks are always turd. The best you can get for that sort of a combo is a Warmoth build you'd have to put together yourself.

There is a good reason why electric/bass combos arne't common; so few people want them so they don't sell well, so they're not made to a good standard, so fewer people want them, so they don't sell so well, so they're made to a lower standard, so fewer people... you get the idea. There is no such thing as a good electric/bass combo double neck under say, the two grand mark. Warmoth will run you about a grand and a half if you kit it out with good hardware and even then you can't have everything, you'd have to make it either be a good bass and a crap 6-string or a good 6-string and a crap bass.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I have the white Agile EDS-1275 copy and it really isn't that great. I mean sure, Agile guitars are good for the price but it is unbalanced and there's never really a reason that I would want to pick it up over my main guitar.

I was, at one point, interested in getting a doubleneck with one guitar neck and one bass neck as you described but that would really be more of a gimmick too. Is there ever a time where you really NEED to have a guitar and a bass connected by one body? Can you not just put your guitar down and pick up a bass or vice versa? If I were you I would really consider how you will feel about the instrument after 6 months or a year, even if it seems like a really sweet idea now. That's just my two cents.
Schecter C-1 Classic
Seagull S6
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Epiphone Valve Junior Combo
Why not just get an 8 string guitar?

Tune it to EAEADGBE and you'll have the whole range of a guitar and a bass, one neck, one instrument, no need for multiple amps.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Aug 2, 2009,
erm ive actually played a really nice double neck strat in a shop called Simply Music in Huntingdon, Cambs. UK. which was reallly nice made by a local luthier i was told, but was really nice a 12string strat and a 6 string. they tend to be a good mix.

the whole bass and electric on one i dont think would really work, ive seen afew floating about and played one which i didnt really like, double guitars are abit weird feelingwise to begin with but the bass/guitar double neck i played didnt work at all for me
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by STABxYOU
Why not just get an 8 string guitar?

Tune it to EAEADGBE and you'll have the whole range of a guitar and a bass, one neck, one instrument, no need for multiple amps.

This. Although, the only ones I can think of right now are the Schecter C-8 and V-8.
Quote by TheLetheProject
This. Although, the only ones I can think of right now are the Schecter C-8 and V-8.

dude there are loadsa 8 string guitars out there, as in aleast 10-15.
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I played an Epi doubleneck.

It wasn't bad. The neck wasn't as thick as a regular SG and both necks played very well.

But it certainly wasn't good. Would definitely need to replace the pups.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I played an Epi doubleneck.

It wasn't bad. The neck wasn't as thick as a regular SG and both necks played very well.

But it certainly wasn't good. Would definitely need to replace the pups.

play the Gibbo one and that will blow your mind, ive played two of them and i had a hard time walking out of the shop without it
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Parker Nitefly M
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
I prefer the Epiphone setup on their double necks compared to the Gibson, it's pretty much the Jimmy Page signature and has the longer space between bridge and tailpiece.

Of course, it's also a pretty cheap sounding piece of wood. I would personally never buy one. Maybe when I actually have enough money to buy guitars for ****s and giggles I'll pick up a Gibson Page signature double neck and re-enact my childhood fantasy of playing live at MSG.
I wonder if you could make one from a double neck body... (sorry for noobish suggestion)
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Quote by al112987
I prefer the Epiphone setup on their double necks compared to the Gibson, it's pretty much the Jimmy Page signature and has the longer space between bridge and tailpiece.

Of course, it's also a pretty cheap sounding piece of wood. I would personally never buy one. Maybe when I actually have enough money to buy guitars for ****s and giggles I'll pick up a Gibson Page signature double neck and re-enact my childhood fantasy of playing live at MSG.

Any idea what the measurement for the spacing between the bridge and tailpiece is? I'm thinking of modding my G-400 to have a long tail piece, for my moments of Sonic Youth worship.

Quote by cal1
I wonder if you could make one from a double neck body... (sorry for noobish suggestion)

In theory it's possible, if the neck pocket was the right size. Although you'd have all sorts of marks from where the guitar hardware was.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
ive been toying around with the idea of taking two necks and either taking two guitar bodies, cutting a horn off, and putting them together, or making my own body.

ive really been dieing for a double neck 6 and 7 string for a while, a 7 in Eb standard, and the 6 in standard. hell yeah.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Carvin has made some wonderful double necks over the years. Keep an eye out on eBay if you are serious. You'll pay a fair price, but the quality will be there.

Laziest Bassist Alive
Keep your gig. I'm sleeping.
i don't know what your budget would be, but warmoth has a body thats half p-bass (i think) and half strat. it's half p-bass or half jazz, but i do remember it's badass!