If recently heard yahama makes a guitar. Are they any good?
'09er
Quote by aaciseric

I hate you too much to be able to answer this thread properly. You misleading swine.

Quote by HeavyReverb

you dont win. f^cking 09er

Quote by emad
Morello Wannabe
Post back and I'll temporary ban you.
Last edited by Morello Wannabe at Aug 2, 2009,
They have been recently been making guitars since 1966......and the top end SG1000 and SG2000 are absolutly the dogs dangly bits, known as 'the Les Paul killers'
Fender Roadhouse Deluxe Strat
Vintage Acoustic
Home-made 18 Watt all valve Marshall clone
Talent: zero (but trying)
From the other end of the line, I can also vouch for Yamaha quality. Mine has been with me for 25 years and never had so much as a truss rod adjustment. The action is currently at 0.8mm (0.032") and its playing better than ever. Even the (then) experimental single locking trem works properly and has never needed any maintenance. The only weakness I have noticed on almost all Yamahas is the poor pickups, which are easy enough to replace.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

iv only played lower range yamahas but i love them.theyre great value, easy to play and long lasting
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by deadgroovy
They have been recently been making guitars since 1966......and the top end SG1000 and SG2000 are absolutly the dogs dangly bits, known as 'the Les Paul killers'

A guy at work has a SG700, "sold in japan" guitar. (They got sued and can't sell guitars in the us as "SG"s because of the copyright laws). Anyway, all agree it wipes the floor with every LP in the store except maybe the VOS '59. It's too close to call on that match up.

Yes, they are that good.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I've got the RGX 320 and i must say for the price youre going to find the guitars hard to beat. £299 and;

- the neck has never needed adjusting.
- it rarely goes out of tune, despite having regular tuners and fixed bridge.
- it sounds okay, despite the poor pickups, it will do most of what you want with a decent amp

The only bad things i can say about it is the build quality isn't the best - but what do you expect out of a factory in the far east where everything's mass produced!

Good instruments for the price.
I just started playing this week and bought an entry level yamaha pacifica 012dlx and it seems to be holding tune fine according to my korg electronic tuner. It looks and feels like its built to last. here's a picture