Recording. Alright well here goes. I love recording, my amp is awesome, my mic is good, interface is cool, but my room is crap. Two of my walls are full concrete and the other two are 1inch thick pieces of wood with thick studs and another 1 inch piece of wood on the other side.

I feel the room may be making my sound more sterile and killing the life out of it. I have my mic 5-6 inches away from the speaker and a little bit away from the cone. My sound is not peaking or anything. Is there something else i could do to make it sound a bit better.

This is just a little clip of what i got..nothing special just to show what i have so far as sound goes. environment

http://www.box.net/shared/1jv9sdp4fd

Any ideas. If pictures are needed to show what i got i can provide them.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
What mic are you using? Dynamic or condenser? Try experimenting with the positioning, maybe get a little closer and turn the distortion down (remember the mic isn't recording what you hear, it's recording what you would hear with your head next to the speaker cone). Raising the amp off the ground a foot or so may help reduce odd bass reflections, and hanging some blankets on the walls (try covering the corners to stop the room being as boxy) might help to dampen the room a little.
Quote by griffRG7321
become a circumsizer, you get like £60,000 a year + tips.

Quote by Flying Couch
Because I'm not aerodynamic. All the other airborne furniture laugh at me.

LIKE PORTISHEAD?
wow dude. you need to get closer to that speaker. and maybe back off the gain.. i can't understand your rhythm guitar at all.
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
thats way to far the mic to be from the cab. it needs to be like 1 inch maximum, from whati've delt with

this