I'm looking to buy an amp and would like to hear some opinions on which amp I should buy, bearing in mind the AD30VT is about £90 second-hand and the Peavey 15 is £80 new.

Edit: Peavey Vypyr 15 I mean.
Last edited by ackers07 at Aug 2, 2009,
Well I've heard nothing but good things about the AD series. I don't remember the last time I played one but my roommate has the VT (more of a rock based derivative of the AD which crosses into hard rock and metal more than the VT) and it's a great amp. The tube they throw into the preamp really adds a warmth to the sound while the digital power stage is there for versatility. I've never tried the Peavey 15 so I can't comment on that one specifically.
Quote by mattvl
Well I've heard nothing but good things about the AD series. I don't remember the last time I played one but my roommate has the VT (more of a rock based derivative of the AD which crosses into hard rock and metal more than the VT) and it's a great amp. The tube they throw into the preamp really adds a warmth to the sound while the digital power stage is there for versatility. I've never tried the Peavey 15 so I can't comment on that one specifically.

ive heard nothing but bad things about the LOWER END ADVTs
thats 15 and 30.
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Dawnwalker
ive heard nothing but bad things about the LOWER END ADVTs
thats 15 and 30.

I can't comment on the specific wattage model I had read about so you may be right. The VT30 I tried out sounded great anyway. Are you going to be able to play through these before buying?
Quote by mattvl
I can't comment on the specific wattage model I had read about so you may be right. The VT30 I tried out sounded great anyway. Are you going to be able to play through these before buying?

No, I'm buying based on recommendations and youtube videos. I'm steering towards the AD30VT more because it seems solid enough for a first practice amp and would surely have enough juice to jam along to drums to (in case I go down that route) so the wattage attenuator appeals to me. Oh I'm currently bidding on the 2nd-hand AD30VT for £90 (with p&p)... it's got 10mins left.

edit: £95, not £90.
edit 2: now at £97, should I bid? 4mins left! shall i bid for £99?
edit 3: nah forget it it's at £72+£35 p&p... I'm not paying that much.
edit 4: some mug bought it for £80+35p&p... lol screw that.
Last edited by ackers07 at Aug 2, 2009,