Hello all, been playing for around 2 years now and i've hit the wall and can't seem to find a song to motivate myself to learn so i can improve, i would say im average at speed, being able to cover a7x afterlife being my best achievement so far. I have an obsession with accuracy so i usually get wound up if i cant play something clearly at the first attempt.
However if any of you have good songs from bands I may not have heard of in my little cave i've been living in i would appreciate it greatly.
I like stuff like megadeth but i think at 2 years it's pushing it to try and learn a solo from them.
Thanks!
Do you want to learn cool riffs, lead lines, solos to expand your vocabulary or do you want something that will challenge you technically?
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
children of bodom maybe? iff those riffs are to easy try the solos
Guitars
Jackson SL3MG
Ibanez RGR321EX
Kramer 120
Bass
Epiphone Embassy Standard V
Amp
Engl Ritchie Blackmore Signature
Pick
Jim Dunlop Max Grip Carbon Jazz III
Effects
Boss CH-1 Super Chorus
i've been playing for a little over a year and i learn children of bodom solos... just practice more. Learn the Song "Children of Bodom", pretty easy and the solo is sort of hard, but not impossible by any means

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
try out Gyroscope by In Flames
awesome song with cool riffs but not too technically demanding
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
learn fly by night by rush, it r cool, not really metal, but its a good song to learn. I take it by songs outside of your little cave, you mean not metal. If so, try some hendrix stuff, its pretty hard to get, but at 2 years you should be able to tackle it.
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx

But whatever you do stop listening/playing Avenged Sevenfold before learning any of these other songs. I'm sure it would not be in your best interest to insult Gilbert, Mustaine, or Skolnick.

How come?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Laid to rest by Lamb of God is great song to learn with some very cool riffs. no lead work though.
Quote by xMetalCoreKingx
Scarified

Technical Difficulties

Viking Kong

Or some good ol' Testament or Megadeth.

But whatever you do stop listening/playing Avenged Sevenfold before learning any of these other songs. I'm sure it would not be in your best interest to insult Gilbert, Mustaine, or Skolnick.

If one can play Scarified perfectly, one has won at life.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by darkstar2466
If one can play Scarified perfectly, one has won at life.

Nah it's not that difficult of a song. Very pattern oriented and if you're familiar with the major/minor scales it won't be hard at all.
Cacophony/Jason Becker/Yngwie stuff is much harder cause it's just straight up shred.
and Jeff Loomis/Rusty Cooley/Rob Marcello stuff is just like the ultimatum.
^I'd say Becker's stuff is right up there with Cooleys, and more challenging than Loomis, although they are all great players.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Ask in ze recommendation thread please.

Thank ye.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link