So I was messing around with a motor from my old Xmod rc car. I hooked it to a 9v battery and got some pretty cool sounds. Here comes the problem, to stop the sound I'd have to disconnect the battery. My idea is to put a momentary switch in there so I can just press a button instead of disconnecting a the battery. Would it be as simple as
(Battery +)>>>>(switch)>>>>(motor)>>(battery -)? If not, help me out.
wrong fourm

but yea that would work
That’s how we’ll know. This is not a test, oh no
This is cardiac arrest

Of a world too proud to admit our mistakes
We're crashing into the ground as all fall from grace
works

but it's better to

(bat -) ---- (switch) ---- motor --- (bat +)

current always flows negative to positive..
Opus Pocus =]
Quote by josuetijuana
works

but it's better to

Doh, was in a bit of a rush to post this, that's what I meant
Quote by josuetijuana
works

but it's better to

no, it isn't. it makes absolutely no difference whether the current flows through the switch first or the motor first.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
im pretty sure i read this totally wrong, but, and insult me in whatever which way..

but when you remove the battery, arent you cutting the power, and thats why it stops. like saying my phone turns off when the battery is out, i just wanna get on the same page here. or is the battery just completing the circuit, **** im lost here, cheers to the the peeps you are replying to this, i suck
Quote by ninjasnpirates
im pretty sure i read this totally wrong, but, and insult me in whatever which way..

but when you remove the battery, arent you cutting the power, and thats why it stops. like saying my phone turns off when the battery is out, i just wanna get on the same page here. or is the battery just completing the circuit, **** im lost here, cheers to the the peeps you are replying to this, i suck

When you remove the battery you ARE cutting the power, that's what is supplying power to what ever device it's connected to. You're not lost at all. I just want to put a switch between the battery and motor so that I can cut the stop the circuit from being completed.
Your diagram should work. What are you using this for, out of curiosity?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Your diagram should work. What are you using this for, out of curiosity?

Just for some ****s and giggles really. At first I thought it would work like an Ebow, which it doesn't because it's not and Ebow. I thought it just sounded pretty cool with a lot of effects and distortion.
Kewl. Sounds like it'd be fun to play with.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.