Page 1 of 4
im talking about the guitar you most admire the guitar. You dream to own or you do own. the guitar thats influenced you to play

mine would be the telecaster-

sorry if this has been done i used the search bar but i didnt throughly check.
Edit: il find a smaller pic

try and include pics
Without music, life would be a mistake.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888
I love you for that thread...

Quote by MightyAl
I am now mentally scarred by the image of Peter Crouch getting penalised.
Last edited by ryand111 at Aug 2, 2009,
I always dreamed of a Tele when i began
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
I wasn't influenced to play by a guitar.

Anyways, the iconic guitar for me is:

The Ibanez RG
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
the guitar that got me into playing was a 1988 white les paul that was in a shop and just thought i want it..took me 15 years before i got 1(albeit heritage cherry sunbust) and 21 years to get a Jem

but my fave guitar is the JEM
Quote by StewieSwan
I wasn't influenced to play by a guitar.

Anyways, the iconic guitar for me is:

The Ibanez RG

fair does what did motivate you to play?
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl

Well... more of the guitar player influenced me...
Amps:
Fender Frontman 15r

Guitars:
Epiphone Dot Studio
Squier Strat

Pedals:
Crybaby Original Wah
Boss DS-1
Richie Sambora's 1959 cherry sunburst Les Paul. It's the sole reason why I stopped singing and started playing guitar instead.

This is the only picture I've got of it but meh.

That to me is the best looking guitar I've ever seen, and it's the best sounding too. I have wanted a guitar with that exact finish - not a new cherry burst, not a reliced cherry burst, just a yellow-orange burst made to those exact hues - for years. It actually really bummed me out that when I was looking at Gibson CS 59 reissue LPs, all the washed cherry bursts that looked right played and sounded like arse and the only guitar that played and sounded perfect was an Iced Tea finish, but meh.

Anyway, to me that is the guitar. Nothing else can even remotely touch it. That specific guitar is the holy grail to me. I actually got to see him play it once. I was halfway back through the Wembley Stadium standing crowd, thousands of people between me and the stage, I couldn't even see the stage and had to watch on the video screens because it was so packed and I was so far back - but **** it, I still cried - actually cried - when I saw him get that LP out. Some people dream about world peace, solving world hunger, being the person who finds the absolute cure for cancer. My dream is being able to play that guitar for three minutes and I'm not ashamed to admit that.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
^+1
i guess you can inclued guitarist =P
or is it That style of music or guitar?
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl
Last edited by ryand111 at Aug 2, 2009,
i like teles a lot
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET

My Rig ;D
Ibanez RG550XX 20th Anniversary
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Crate V50-112 (Modded)
Roland Micro Cube
Lovepedal Purple Plexi 800
Lovepedal Pickle Vibe
Ibanez TS-9
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Quote by MrFlibble
Richie Sambora's 1959 cherry sunburst Les Paul. It's the sole reason why I stopped singing and started playing guitar instead.

This is the only picture I've got of it but meh.

That to me is the best looking guitar I've ever seen, and it's the best sounding too. I have wanted a guitar with that exact finish - not a new cherry burst, not a reliced cherry burst, just a yellow-orange burst made to those exact hues - for years. It actually really bummed me out that when I was looking at Gibson CS 59 reissue LPs, all the washed cherry bursts that looked right played and sounded like arse and the only guitar that played and sounded perfect was an Iced Tea finish, but meh.

Anyway, to me that is the guitar. Nothing else can even remotely touch it. That specific guitar is the holy grail to me. I actually got to see him play it once. I was halfway back through the Wembley Stadium standing crowd, thousands of people between me and the stage, I couldn't even see the stage and had to watch on the video screens because it was so packed and I was so far back - but **** it, I still cried - actually cried - when I saw him get that LP out. Some people dream about world peace, solving world hunger, being the person who finds the absolute cure for cancer. My dream is being able to play that guitar for three minutes and I'm not ashamed to admit that.

that is a sexy guitar i dont like most guitars its hard to impress me but i do like LP's they are very iconic to people nice that you have a very specific Lp you love. hey maybe if you become uber famous you could =P
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl
To Me it has to be the SRV strat or the Greeny Les Paul. ive been listening to Peter Green and Gary Moore for years and not till i got abit older i realised that they played the same guitar!!

the greeny's sound, so much so tht ive got an epiphone les paul with the BKP eqivelent.

and the SRV sound is just iconic in itself to any musician

and to MR Fibble i understand totally when i was about 12 i did anything to recreat Ritchie Samboras tone through his strats
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs

The Stratocaster, or in fact any Fender design.

I like Fender's design mentality. They're made to be practical. They're easy to build, repair and customise. They are simple in contruction, yet widely functional and versatile. Every part of the guitar is thought out and serves a purpose. They aren't fancy, but they're still high quality.
Quote by nav00
and to MR Fibble i understand totally when i was about 12 i did anything to recreat Ritchie Samboras tone through his strats
People can slag off his hair, his dress sense, the people he's worked with, his personal life.

But by god, the man has tone. I've never heard him play with a crap tone, ever.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
People can slag off his hair, his dress sense, the people he's worked with, his personal life.

But by god, the man has tone. I've never heard him play with a crap tone, ever.

i dunno hes got a pretty good life looking at his other half!! And the 80s hair was iconic, people who slag him off dont know jack about what the 80s were. Only thing is that he looks like hes balding abit now.

He is definetly one of the smartest and most creative guitarists out there anyway, and his Solo album was quite good i thought
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
The most iconic is inarguably the Fender stratocaster. 75% of most toys shaped like guitars, guitar copies and actually guitars in general when you think about it, are strat-shaped or very clearly strat-derived. Not to say it's the best(Though I do love it), but it's the most recognized as "The" electric guitar amongst normal people and a lot of guitarists too.

Personally though, give me a fully-stock 1959 Gibson Les Paul over a strat any day. The holy grail is real my friends.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
wow i think this is my first thread thats got over a page
*streakes naked*
Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote by noob888

Quote by MightyAl
Love it:

That's where the party is.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Im probably Gonna get bashed alot for this, But this guy and his telecaster are the reason I started playing guitar:

Russell Lissack... I went to see Bloc Party In February and when ever he throws out an intro riff the crowd just kinda buzzed as one.. It was incredible

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
Kirk hammett guitar,

And just the way he plays the guitar it's like the guitar is just a part of his body and it flows off him
Both of Tony Iommi's SG's are very iconic to me.They are so amazing.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by KeMiKaL
Russell Lissack... I went to see Bloc Party In February and when ever he throws out an intro riff the crowd just kinda buzzed as one.. It was incredible

The exact same reason I started to like Teles.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by SecretAgentS

Well... more of the guitar player influenced me...

This. A thousand times this!
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
I can't believe this guitar didn't make the first page....

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
people honestly think that red special is the most iconic guitar of all time?
I'm loving the amount of Tele in this thread, but alas I have to say...

I don't really associate it with a specific artist, maybe Jack White a tiiiiiny bit, but he plays more Penguin than Falcon. There's just something timeless and breathtaking about this guitar, and playing one is like a dream.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by Sid McCall
I'm loving the amount of Tele in this thread, but alas I have to say...
I don't really associate it with a specific artist, maybe Jack White a tiiiiiny bit, but he plays more Penguin than Falcon. There's just something timeless and breathtaking about this guitar, and playing one is like a dream.

Hell yeah! The White Falcon is the real God of guitars. Thinking of the most iconic, maybe Jimi's hand-painted V.

Though the guitar that inspires me is the Gretsch Astro Jet, that's just my dream.

It's hard to see properly, but I grew up hearing the music belted from that strat, all I saw on the TV in the house was that guitar being completely raped on various VHS bootlegs of Rory Gallagher, it, and the strat in general, are my idea of the "guitar" yakno.
Page 1 of 4