Well, I'm having trouble right now with practicing. Justinguitar.com just isn't cutting the cheese for me, and I need some good stuff to practice. I'm talking a thick easy to read book, with arpeggios, bar chords, 7th chords, technique, theory, scales, etc. I starting to not feel improvement/getting frustrated, I've played for 1 1/2 years. So whats a huge good book that fits my criteria? I want to get a lot better!

(PS, Had a teacher for 1 year. Can't afford lessons anymore)
Last edited by IbanezGRX40man at Aug 2, 2009,
There is no single book that fits your needs. Llkonoklast is right, I have heard great things about justinguitar.com
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Quote by IbanezGRX40man
Do you guys practice with justinguitar.com?

I did for 1/2 month before I began taking lessons. But one of my friends is learning from it and he says its great.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
It covers all the basics to just about anything. And how to do it properly. And, it's completely free.
Learn the major scale - intervals, how to build chords off it.

Learn to play open chords.

If you'v just started playing guitar you want to try and develop good technique eg;

Strumming right strings of chords, good string muting techniques, economy of motion, finger independence, basic legato.

Once you have basic technique in place (which the site will show you) you can then develop licks and chops.
No but my question is, should i spend an hour on arpeggios, then scales. Then the next day 1 hour of ______, and another hour of _______. Or should I just give 25 minutes for each section?