Is this guitar at all good. I'm looking to buy a new guitar and as a unemployed 15 year old, money doesn't come easily. The Warbeast falls right in my price range and of everything i've read it sounds pretty good to me. In terms of my playing style, i play a lot of everything really, but my band plays modern rock (think Paramore) so this is ultimately what i need it for. Is the Warbeast a good choice for me tone wise?
a bc rich playing paramore?
i don't like the sound of that.............
The though of it is odd, just that i've neve rhad the chance to play a BC rich and was wondering whether the tone would suit it. Maybe a high end Telecaster would fit the bill more?
ugly as hell......i wouldn`t even give it a 2nd glance in the store regardless of any tone it had or it`s playability(both of which take presedence over looks but that just looks crap imo)
Quote by willT08
The though of it is odd, just that i've neve rhad the chance to play a BC rich and was wondering whether the tone would suit it. Maybe a high end Telecaster would fit the bill more?

Probably not. The stuff you play is a little bit too heavy for the Tele to handle. What's your budget?
Budget wise, i'm only 15 so not alot. Max i could stretch to is £400 probably, but i'd really like to come in under 300. I know this limits my options but if i can't find something that i really like i can bail out to an Epi. I really don't know any guitars that play this mid-level between metal and soft rock. Technically what i'm looking for is Big Pickups for a deep warm tone, and sounds amazing on a medium amount of distortion which i'll hopefully have on a pedal.
Honestly, low end BC Riches suck. In terms of the Warbeast, I'd suggest trying to go used and getting lucky finding a WMD Warbeast or a NJ Deluxe Warbeast.

If you can't go used, and 300 (or 430 American) is your budget, an Ibanez RG321 with the rest of the money going to a pickup change will be great.

And what is your current gear?
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Aug 2, 2009,
My current gear will be gone as soon as possible. I need to decide on a new amp as well but that's another thread. But if you could post some ideas for a guitar/amp combo that would be great. Amp budget would be same as the guitar budget. Also, i've not been playing guitar long so i don't know what a pickup change entails. Do you send it to your local store and they do it or what?
Quote by willT08
My current gear will be gone as soon as possible. I need to decide on a new amp as well but that's another thread. But if you could post some ideas for a guitar/amp combo that would be great. Amp budget would be same as the guitar budget. Also, i've not been playing guitar long so i don't know what a pickup change entails. Do you send it to your local store and they do it or what?

Nah, you can change the pickups yourself. It's not that hard to do. Is your budget guitar and amp together? Or 300 for guitar, 300 for amp?

And can you go used?
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-G400-SG-Electric-Guitar?sku=518291

This looks like it could be what you're looking for. They're pretty common; you should be able to find it at your nearest music store.
If you like the Warbeast shape, don't let anyone tell you it can't do softer stuff then br00tulz. It's not really that different from SG and Les Paul type guitars, except the shape.

That said, everything DIMEBAGLIVEDON is pretty much accurate. Cheap BC Riches aren't very good.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Yeh it will be 300 guitar and then another 300 for Amp hopefully. The link suggestion seems pretty legit and is a definite maybe but thing is I'm gonna be using this live and i want something that is striking. Obviously if its an amazing tone then fu** looks but the Ibanez seems like a good idea. The other guitarist in my band is getting a new Ibanez as well.
Quote by willT08
Yeh it will be 300 guitar and then another 300 for Amp hopefully. The link suggestion seems pretty legit and is a definite maybe but thing is I'm gonna be using this live and i want something that is striking. Obviously if its an amazing tone then fu** looks but the Ibanez seems like a good idea. The other guitarist in my band is getting a new Ibanez as well.

The SG the person suggested is decent as well judging from the specs.

For an amp, if 300 Euros is your budget, I suggest getting a B-52 AT-112 or a USED Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube. Both should cover your genre well IMO.
Good help Slay 'em. I'm trying to but in my relatively short experience with guitars i've focused mainly on playing and have no idea what i'm looking for. I'm going to my local store to play a shi*load of guitars and see what i like best on Tuesday. Gonna try out a Warbeast and that Ibanez first and then move on to Epi's and Fenders. Budget is £300 GBP not Euros just to clear that up. I really like the Ibanez idea though
Last edited by willT08 at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by willT08
Good help Slay 'em. I'm trying to but in my relatively short experience with guitars i've focused mainly on playing and have no idea what i'm looking for. I'm going to my local store to play a shi*load of guitars and see what i like best on Tuesday. Gonna try out a Warbeast and that Ibanez first and then move on to Epi's and Fenders. Budget is £300 GBP not Euros just to clear that up. I really like the Ibanez idea though

K, dis-regard everything I said. You have actually a budget of 500 American, so get:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-S320-S-Series-Electric-Guitar?sku=512503

and try to get a B-52 AT-112 or Peavey Vypyr Tube 60. All in your budget, except the Ibanez is at the high point of it. If you can't afford the Ibanez, then just get the Ibanez RG321.

Also, look at Schecter.
And a Les Paul will definitely work. I don't know to much about Epiphone's though, so I can't help you there.
Well my mate started off with a nice Epiphone and he's kept it for 4 years. He's now moving on to a ridiculous Ibanez. I don't mind a LP but the Ibanez just looks bad-ass plus it will probably be more accustomed to my style of playing
Now that looks like my kind of guitar. Love the look and the pickups are perfect for me. I'll have to get my hands on one and see how it feels
If you want a good LP style guitar for cheap, see if a used LTD EC-256 is in your price range over there.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Think i'm favouring the Ibanez, the Schecter is a little expensive. Also, how do you change the pickups? and what should i change them to?
ive played a couple damians, they are pretty similar to an esp-ltd in terms of neck profile, definately try to get a hold of one to test.

didnt see that your going for the ibanez. pups are pretty easy to install if you can solder. you probably want passives for your style, actives might have to much power for your genre. your gonna have to look up sound samples of different pickups to compare. maybe try and look up what some of your favorite artists use. find what pickups react to certain woods and such. mostly it just takes lots of research to choose pups
Last edited by Goodtimes666 at Aug 2, 2009,
I'll look into some stuff then. Also, i really don't trust myself soldering so do they do this at local stores or what?
I'd rather pay to be honest. Also, i'm pretty sure some good humbuckers are what i'm looking for. Any suggestions as to specific models or where to get them from?
i just realized that the rg321 is 300 american. pickups cost about 150-200 per set, uninstalled. the schecter costs 400 american and it comes with emg passive pups. it may just be easier/cheaper to get the damian. its up to u though.
actives use a battery and are basically only good for high gain. passives dont require batteries and are more versitile, but have less output
Good shout. I'll play the Ibanez and see whether the pickups will really need changing and then if they do i'll try out the Damian
Quote by Goodtimes666
i just realized that the rg321 is 300 american. pickups cost about 150-200 per set, uninstalled. the schecter costs 400 american and it comes with emg passive pups. it may just be easier/cheaper to get the damian. its up to u though.
The Ibanez is still less because EMG Passive's suck as well.
i thought they sounded pretty good when i tried them, yea they're not 81/85s but still good
Quote by Goodtimes666
i thought they sounded pretty good when i tried them, yea they're not 81/85s but still good
I hate them. They can be decent for rhythm, but even then I still don't think they are great.

And IMO, the Ibanez's body is much better then the Schecter's.

Mahogany>Basswood