I have an Ibanez RG5EX1 that needs a new neck and since I've gotten my gibson lp I thought I'd see if it was possible to make it into a 7 string. would it be possible at all?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
Well wouldn't you have to a least get new pickups, a new bridge, and new wiring. That's about as much as I know about modding guitars but it would probably be easier just to buy one.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
well i knew i'd have to get a new bridge, pickups and neck. but I guess I just wanted to know if it would be a really difficult and expensive do it yourselfer
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I think you're the only person on the planet who is worried about how mainstream muffins are.
well, i can see how it would work, but if you ask me, its not worth it unless you havea guitar thats a string thru bolt on with a strat style hardtail. anything else would be too much work and not worth the trouble.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
yeah. it is a bolt on neck but the bridge is a floyd rose style so I'm thinking it would be pretty difficult
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote by Metallica Fan21
yeah. it is a bolt on neck but the bridge is a floyd rose style so I'm thinking it would be pretty difficult

not worth it at all.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Considering you would have to route the pickups, the neck, the bridge for a floyd rose, if you had the skill to do that you might as well make a new body.

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
and if you're making a new body (or just doing that much on the current body and widening it on top of everything else), and buying/making a new neck.... you might as well just start over and build a 7 string.
Quote by conor1148
who cares if they're drawn,

boobies

Gear:
Peavey Supreme 100W head
Crate 4x12 cab
Epiphone Les Paul Standard+
Modded Johnson Stratocaster