my brother saw my guitar and loved it so he went straight to the local guitar center and bought a squier affinity fat strat and a fender frontman 15G amp. he has no computer and wanted me to ask you guys if the amps OK for a total noob to intermediate player to practice with. BTW, right now he sucks donkey **** so keep that in mind.
they arent bad amps i dont think, really good for most beginners anyway
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
"your brother" should be fine with it if hes just starting. by the looks of ur account, you dont happen to be the one who bought the squire instead and ur too embarassed to admit it? dont worry, we all start some where.
Ah, the ol' brother/friend/cousin defence.

Well anyway, yeah for a total beginner they're alright. But within six months you wil- sorry, ''your brother'', will probably want to upgrade.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
no way man. I really got the bare bones 012 yammi with the agathis body and I'm not ashamed to admit it. I was gonna but a squier but I loved the vintage sunburst finish on the entry level yamaha
no this guy has a pacifica 012. which are a lot better than squire strats.

haha, you beat me to it.
Last edited by sammo_boi at Aug 2, 2009,
my brother got the squire beacuse the local GC didn't have any yamaha guitars in stock
Quote by Brokntragedy
"your brother" should be fine with it if hes just starting. by the looks of ur account, you dont happen to be the one who bought the squire instead and ur too embarassed to admit it? dont worry, we all start some where.

is the squire fat strat a total turd because i allmost got one after reading lots of reviews. it just seemed to me that eveyone's opinion of the yamaha was it is better built, tougher and will last.
squires are meant for beginners, and frontmen (or since its a proper noun it would be Frontmans, right?) are meant for beginners, happy beginner rig. He'll outgrow both within a year, but for a beginner, thats all pretty much standard equipment
Quote by SKOOBEY
is the squire fat strat a total turd because i allmost got one after reading lots of reviews. it just seemed to me that eveyone's opinion of the yamaha was it is better built, tougher and will last.

Squiers are pretty decent, especially at their price point. Yamahas are just a little better at that price point.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2