http://cgi.ebay.com/LOADED-Fender-Aerodyne-JAZZ-BASS-BODY-Bass-Guitar_W0QQitemZ200247989701QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar_Accessories?hash=item2e9fb5d5c5&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

It says it's a 2007 Fully Loaded Jazz bass Aerodyne Bass Body.

It's definitely not like the new Aerodyne's, but I'm not sure if it's just because it's older...

It also look like it my might be some cheap plywood. Look in the Neck Slot.

The dudes feedback looks positive... I think , I don't know alot about ebay.

So is it real?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Im pretty sure i remember these ones, its got the craved top to it, and the whole body has a curve to it as far as i can remember. it looks legit.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
The dude's feedback is insane.
And whenever I look for guitars on eBay, I always get about 678482 listings from him.

Looks legit to me, it looks like an 07 Aerodyne...
Quote by Tone Deaf
Someone has had too much jager in their slushy. :/
Quote by CL/\SH
First person on UG to be a grammar nazi and use the correct form of "your" in the correct context.

+ 70 virgins to you, my good sir.

Quote by Fassa Albrecht
Girls DO fap...I don't though.
I'm not sure what you're seeing. It looks legit and it's in really good condition to boot. I'd say go for it.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
That's an Aerodyne but I think the year is off. Back in 2004 it had a pick guard like that, but the next year or year after they had none. I like the look best with the guard on m'self.

That said, I think parting out guitars to make a little more money on them is just pathetic. Why not do the environment some good and scour through garbage for recyclable cans for your money instead of scavanging and causing the birth of thousands of bastard guitars? One of the lowest forms of musical life, I say.

There's a reason they make aftermarket parts.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I believe it's a non import aerodyne. They are generally only sold in Japan and they have basswood bodies
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Could be, but they used to look like that here too. I'm sure all Aerodynes have basswood bodies too.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Basswood is practical for the idea of the bass, isn't it?

The Aerodyne line is meant to be light.

Basswood is really light.

It's something to keep in mind. It may be a sacrifice of the tone you're searching for. It'll impact the sustain and low end tones of the bass. But, my Jackson is made of basswood. I love the tone I get out of it and it's practically nothing to carry and have on a strap.

I don't know how it would affect a bass for tone. I would play a bass made of the wood before I used it. Maybe a stock Aerodyne bass? You may or may not like it.
Current Equipment
Jackson DXMG(Iommi)
Ibanez AEF30E
Peavey 6505+ 112
Iommi has work done to it.

On layaway:
Line 6 PODHD 300
Last edited by idahoimmortal at Aug 2, 2009,
Well, i already have a neck to put on it.

So the only thing I will need is tuners, string retainer...

So do you think I should get it?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
not worth the money. i'd say $75 tops. a good neck and tuners would put you back more money than the bass is worth.
looks like an e-bay scam to me.
edit: i love how the faceless names jump in to say ""wow" what a great deal, i think i should buy it!!
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
not worth the money. i'd say $75 tops. a good neck and tuners would put you back more money than the bass is worth.
looks like an e-bay scam to me.
edit: i love how the faceless names jump in to say ""wow" what a great deal, i think i should buy it!!

So what makes you say its crap?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
So what makes you say its crap?

over $400 for the body of a bass that would be lucky to get that much in perfect condition for starters. several "unknown around here" names chiming in endorsements also makes me suspicious. the body is worth no more than $100 in my world.
Edit: it may very well be legit, but it's certainly over priced.
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
over $400 for the body of a bass that would be lucky to get that much in perfect condition for starters. several "unknown around here" names chiming in endorsements also makes me suspicious. the body is worth no more than $100 in my world.
Edit: it may very well be legit, but it's certainly over priced.

$100, you think? really?
including all the hardware and pickups? considering these are what, about $800 for the full thing new?
Quote by skater dan0
I believe it's a non import aerodyne. They are generally only sold in Japan and they have basswood bodies

i'm thinking the non-export Aero Jazz's have two Jazz p-ups not the P/J p-ups.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
i'm thinking the non-export Aero Jazz's have two Jazz p-ups not the P/J p-ups.

I'm going to have to disagree there Rick,

http://www.guitaremporium.co.uk/index.php?f=data_fender_japan_new_guitars&a=3

second from the top
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Quote by skater dan0
I'm going to have to disagree there Rick,

http://www.guitaremporium.co.uk/index.php?f=data_fender_japan_new_guitars&a=3

second from the top

i stand corrected. i should learn to read more carefully before spouting off.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fender_Aerodyne_Jazz_Bass
Quote by skater dan0

but i am curious how did you determine that this model was a non-export?
Last edited by 83lespaulstudio at Aug 3, 2009,
It's non export because it's a 2007 and has a pick guard. All Aerodynes have P/J configs.

This seller buys guitars and parts them out to make more money. I don't doubt it's legitimacy, even though I do guarantee the stupidity of the idea.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
Quote by thefitz
It's non export because it's a 2007 and has a pick guard. All Aerodynes have P/J configs.

quoted from the above.
The Aerodyne Jazz Bass is usually equipped with a split single-coil 'p-bass' pickup at the mid position and a single-coil pickup from a Jazz Bass at the bridge position. A Japan 'not-for-export' model also comes in a 'standard jazz bass' configuration (with two jazz pickups).

somebody needs to tell wikipedia that.
Quote by 83lespaulstudio
i stand corrected. i should learn to read more carefully before spouting off.

but i am curious how did you determine that this model was a non-export?

It says it right above the picture.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦