I've had a LXM Little Martin for about a year now and I love it. No matter how clumsy I am with the damn thing, not a singe ding or scratch shows up on it! For such a small and portable guitar, it's great.

So I'm thinking it could benefit from some customization. Things I'd like to add are new tuners, and a pickup for plugging into amplifiers.

I don't know much as to how to replace tuners, and which are best. I just know that grover tuners are considered good... and I've felt them. They stay much more solidly in their position than the ones here.

And what do I look into for pickups? And are they heavy?

I like guitar's light weight, but the only thing I don't like about its weight is the fact that the neck is heavier than the body, so it tilts easily. Any suggestions?
pickups aren't too heavy.

tuners are quite easy to install, just take off your strings, unscrew old tuners, install new ones (check hole diameter to see if new ones will fit), screw in, and then put your strings back on and tune up.
My Rig:
Gibson SG Classic (Heritage Cherry)
Crate V1512
Roland Cube 15
Dunlop JH-01 Jimi Hendrix Wah
For pickups, I'd look into a Fishman undersaddle piezo, with an endpin jack. A bit of careful work to install it, but it's completely reversible if you don't like it. Not heavy at all either.

For tuners, we need to know what type of headstock you have, slotted or closed face. I'd look into Stewmac's tuners, they're good quality, if a bit expensive.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
For pickups, I'd look into a Fishman undersaddle piezo, with an endpin jack. A bit of careful work to install it, but it's completely reversible if you don't like it. Not heavy at all either.

For tuners, we need to know what type of headstock you have, slotted or closed face. I'd look into Stewmac's tuners, they're good quality, if a bit expensive.

The little martins are closed faced. The best tuners would probably be the headless steinberger tuners off stewmac. 100 bucks but like a 100:1 ratio.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."