My next cover project after my DOOM ost cover ; )

(if you weren't able to catch the DOOM ost the first time around, feel free to visit its thread ^_^
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1170435

This, is of course a cover of Valkyrie Profile, one of my fav past times in rpg's

The end of it is a bit bare, as this is still in progress, but wanted to see how everyone else thinks it's coming along ^_^ let me know what you think!

Guitar's are a bit disappointing as far as tone imo X_X

Song is in profile 8D

EDIT:
Some of the notes are a bit wrong, but I can always go back to re-record, for now just placing it up there as is and will replace it sooner or later, I'm also uploading it to youtube in the near future as soon as it is done, you can find my link on my profile description ; )

The drums are okay except for those damned cymbals, they're a bit too loud piercing. for now I'll have to wait until I re-render the drum tracks and tone down their velocity, it won't really hinder me in finising the song so it can wait for now.

again not complete just yet, but getting there ^_^ I'll be putting togeher a video so make sure to give it a quick view on YouTube when it's uploaded! and feel free to subscribe as well 8D I plan to pick up another project just as soon as this one is done and will upload them accordingly

REEDIT:
Yes as I'm sure you noticed I'm trying to get a following as far as subscribers go :P no harm in wanting to get a few views out and to broaden my options as far as listeners go ^_^ Maybe I've been bitten by the tube bug finally? X_X
Last edited by Night at Aug 2, 2009,
i don't know the original song, but your cover sounds good to me

i can't really judge the mix as a whole untill later today when i can use my speakers, rather than headphones.

the strings sounded quiet realistic, which is a rarity on this site i swear most of the time people just use MIDI strings, so well done on that.

the guitars were played well, no obvious fxck ups and such.

overall, i don't know the original, so i can't compare. but this sounds sweet good job!
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Quote by Carl6661
i don't know the original song, but your cover sounds good to me

i can't really judge the mix as a whole untill later today when i can use my speakers, rather than headphones.

the strings sounded quiet realistic, which is a rarity on this site i swear most of the time people just use MIDI strings, so well done on that.

the guitars were played well, no obvious fxck ups and such.

overall, i don't know the original, so i can't compare. but this sounds sweet good job!

lol aaah, I went ahead and searched a vid with the original song ^_^ actually instead of the strings I was REALLY wanting to go with a more MIDI/downgraded sound with a more bit sound, but I haven't had much luck finding any plugins that sound like3 they can be relatively close to tweakable to the same MIDI's found in the game X_X amd I'm not much into finding sounds out of alot of plugin's not that I haven't but the ones I currently have I've messed and tweaked accordingly before, and they're nowhere close XD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhXbFiDGHhk
Great man. I have no idea what the original song is haha but it soudns great, did yourecord it all from scratch?