This is a rant to all the preteen Metallica fans that can't leave well enough alone... If you are the true listener and believer in metal this doesn't apply to you...

Now we all know that metal fans are a bit... defensive... about their way of life and the music that they listen to. They tend be very hard-headed. I'm not the biggest metal fan in the world, but I do listen to some of the more common bands from time to time.

Punk listeners are a little different... they come from many walks of life, are a generally easier crowd then metal folks(not always...) and are somewhat more passive of someone not liking the same music they do.

Punks and Metal fans have always butted heads on this forum... always. Metal fans defend their music by saying that their bands are original, use no power chords, and solo, and tells anyone who doesn't like it to shove their head farrr up their asses and go listen to some blink-182... And I'm tired of it. So...

Metallica jumps to the first of everyone's minds when it comes to metal... maybe due to their name. Metallica, in the eyes of some metal fans, is Jesus comming back to Earth in the form of music... they are the most original band ever, their music being made of 90% solos and the rest something not containing the filth that is power chords...

To bring you down to Earth, Metallica was a original band... for it's time. And it did encourage the start of a genre. As far as their music not containing power chords, being composed of 90% solos, and inventing the metal genre... You're wrong.

You need to grow up. Realize that listening to Metallica doesn't make you cool, and it doesn't make you belong to a group of people that will allow you to score with hot chicks or get high off acid. It make you a fan of a band. TTHHHAAATTTSSS AAALLLLLLL.

And sure, you can take that fandom to the extreme. You can go around saying that anyone who doesn't listen to Metallica 24/7 is a ***ot. Go right ahead. But don't expect anyone to think your cool, attractive, or a hard-ass. We know better.

As I said before... no offense to Metallica fans who aren't offending anyone else. It's the people that tarnish the bands name that I'm refering to. And they know who they are.

tl;dr : Go fu ck yourself if you think that because all you listen to is metallica you are god. grow up, grow a pair, and dammit stop flamming everyone on the site.
Rip Kylee Harris 4.13.93-11.28.08
Quote by Capt_Clarkson
tell him that he is the drummer and that his opinions are invalid

Quote by Jim Harkins
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers.

I sense tr00f
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Quote by thementor

tl;dr : Go fu ck yourself if you think that because all you listen to is metallica you are god. grow up, grow a pair, and dammit stop flamming everyone on the site.

Now, what are you doing?
umm, maybe YOU should calm down? did someone diss blink 182? And now your panties are all in a wad? Chill out.
Too cool for a signature.
Quote by thementor

grow up, grow a pair, and dammit stop flamming everyone on the site.

you should listen to your own advice
But..Metallica themselves ARE punk fans....

And I've never met anyone who ever did say "METALLICA IS THE BEST F***ING BAND!!!!!". I'm like that with Slayer, but I don't know any Metallica kids. I know people who will calmly say that, but they usually aren't as big as music geeks as I am, and won't flame me for saying that.

If I did meet someone who said that, I'd laugh in their face and say that Metallica never started anything and were always following trends for about 30 years. From Kill Em All to Loaded to St. Anger, every album has been just following trends

Even so, what makes you so different than them? They're calling you a ****** for listening to Blink 182, your making fun of them for listening to Metallica. I don't see the line here...
Last edited by The Shroom420 at Aug 2, 2009,
Ironically, most of the metal-heads here don't really worship metallica. It's not heavy enough or something :P
Favorite bands: Sum 41, Blink 182
Well there's your problem
EDIT:
Quote by thementor
grow up, grow a pair

Says the 14 year old
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Last edited by DimebagLivesOn at Aug 2, 2009,
Blink-182 isn't punk. If he doesn't know that, chances are he doesn't know that Metallica is actually dad-rock not metal.

Everybody ignore TS.
Real metalheads barely like Metallica at all.

Get the fuck out of my forum.

Edit:

Quote by Jehuty
Goddamnit, is Dave at it again?

!
Quote by MasterExploder0
I sense tr00f

I sense rage.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
k.. listen man. i mostly agree wit u bein a huge metal fan myself, and being tired of posers disrespecting the name. but honestly, chill out. ur tired of people acting like asses? your acting like an ass.
TS, I had no idea people even THOUGHT listening to Metallica made them cool.

I think you're just getting pissed off over something your mind made up for you to get pissed off at.
Metallica are original, they will always be, purely because they put a LOT of effort into making their albums sound different... how many bands can you name who really understand music well enough to achieve their kind of versatility, consistently, over an almost 30 year career?

Very few.

People love - no, WORSHIP - Metallica, not because they feel important by it, but because Metallica are a one in a million band, a very rare group of musicians who's abilities balance and compliment each other to such an extent that it becomes difficult to find a single thing they can't do.

"Metal heads" are passionate, is that something to moan about? Get over yourself
Sounds like someone slagged off your music. As for metallica being 90 % solos, I'd say more like 15-20 %.

EDIT: I just read the whole post, if you don't like metallica then just say it without writing a huge essay, no one cares anyway.
Main Gear:

ESP Eclipse CTM I
Dean 'Shards' Razorback
Chapman Guitars ML-1
Ibanez AEL40SE Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Stack
EHX Metal Muff
EHX Small Clone
Last edited by Birchall17 at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by JacobTheMe
Everybody ignore TS.

this
shun! everyone SHUN!
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Dude Metallica is so awesome I mean, they're as good as A7X and OZ Ozburn and all the other metal I enjoy listin 2.

I like Metallica and i'm 18, so nerrrrrrrrrr!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Jehuty
Goddamnit, is Dave at it again?

Dammit Mustaine . Someone needs to blog it or something. I'm not a metalhead by all means but quite unnecessary.
"Member of the UG Pink Floyd Fan club PM stonegolem13 or nick dixon to join

love The Evil Dead films? Join my group: http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/boomstick/

Quote by pepsi1187
not to mention herbert from family guy will touch you in your sleep
If you don't think Metallica uses power chords then you must suck bad or not play guitar
Quote by chrisatgrace
umm, maybe YOU should calm down? did someone diss blink 182? And now your panties are all in a wad? Chill out.

This.

Most metalheads don't like Metallica to the point of worship, and Metallica is actually more hard-rock than metal any more...
Quote by Mudmen190
If loving ham makes me gay, I'm Rob Halford.

Quote by musiclover2399
MyNameIsLame just nailed it (actually both his statements did some nailing).

Quote by Oroborous
This is honestly the best first post I've ever seen

^^ Directed at me. E-peen wankery sigs ftw.

My Last.FM
*reported*
You're trolling. Blog it and GTFO!
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society

I'm 12 and what is this?
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
GRANTED! NOW YOU COMMIT SUICIDE!

i wish lexanirider didn't have to kill himself.

What's your fastest Super Metroid time?

PM me and let me know.