I've not had any experience with a Floyd Rose but i'm thinking of buying either a jackson DKMG or a Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR which both have FR's but the Schecter has an original FR and the jackson has a licensed FR. I have done research into the FR's and was curious if licensed FR's are worth avoiding? Although i'm not convinced i will notice anything bad about one due to my lack of experience with them.. and thats the only real difference between the Jackson DKMG or the hellraiser as far as i can see... so yeah. Just curious on your thoughts on the matter
Jackson's LFR's are OK, better than an average LFR, and OFR are worth trusting, btw Ibanez Edge, Edge Pro, Lo Pro Edge and Edge Zero (there's another of which I can't remember the name) are very good too (some say that are as good or better than OFR, but I've never tried them)
And yes, try to avoid other LFR's
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ in Lemon Drop
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Michael Kelly 1953 in Blue Jean Wash
-Yamaha C40M
Jackson LFR's are great.
EDIT: /\ Wow... worst searchbar joke i've ever heard...

Also, don't get either guitar without trying them. They may have similar specs, but they are miles apart, neck-wise. Jackson necks are thin and unfinished, and schecter necks are thicker and finished.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Last edited by sw1ss023 at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by RiksRiks
Jackson's LFR's are OK, better than an average LFR, and OFR are worth trusting, btw Ibanez Edge, Edge Pro, Lo Pro Edge and Edge Zero (there's another of which I can't remember the name) are very good too (some say that are as good or better than OFR, but I've never tried them)
And yes, try to avoid other LFR's

ZR Trem is the one you are missing, and on Ibanez trems Edge I and Edge II are ok, but Edge III isnt worth it.
i'd get the schecter, schecters are the ****
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Alright cheers, Yeah i know you need to try before you buy.. definatley just can't find the schecter anywhere in my area but nvm thanks very much for the input chaps
the LFR on my Dean is amazing ... stays intune and all ... then i got another make guitar .. and the ****ing thing wouldnt go stay in tune for toffee but yeh ORF are better ...
Quote by Night_Warrior
ZR Trem is the one you are missing, and on Ibanez trems Edge I and Edge II are ok, but Edge III isnt worth it.

Right, I forgot to mention Edge II and ZR, when I said Edge, I was referring only to Edge I, 'cuz you're right, Edge III are crap.
My gear:
-LTD EC401VF DMZ in Lemon Drop
-Ormsby Run 3 Hype GTR
-Michael Kelly 1953 in Blue Jean Wash
-Yamaha C40M
Quote by x_live4guitar_x
As far as trems go, I prefer the searchbar over the whammy bar.

That's the first searchbar 'joke' if you would call it, that was actually decent :P
Quote by sw1ss023

EDIT: /\ Wow... worst searchbar joke i've ever heard...

I beg to differ
My Rig
Mesa Triple Rectifier Half Stack
Jackson USA King V 2
1988 American Made Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Custom w/Bigsby
Line 6 Spider III 75 Watt
Last edited by Travis39 at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by Travis39
That's the first searchbar 'joke' if you would call it, that was actually decent :P

I beg to differ

HA! Wasn't the best ever, but fúck the hater!
I have both a jackson with a Licensed Floyd and one with a Original Floyd. I prefer the Original mainly because its higher quality. As for the Jackson guitar itself, its a great guitar for the price. Not all Jacksons have unfinished necks, just most of the bolt ons.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
LFR aren't bad but if you can find a guitar with a original i think you should take it. It gives you a better tone and tuning stability.
Quote by Fardarkcrow
LFR aren't bad but if you can find a guitar with a original i think you should take it. It gives you a better tone and tuning stability.

Yup= I agree
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
If the LFR on the Jackson is a JT580/JT580LP then they are okay and are easily swappable with an OFR if you ever need to do it.
Jackson trems are among the best LFR's out there. They're steel through and through, and as we all know, steel makes a good knife.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.