Hi,

I'm a poor kid and I was wanting to know if anyone knew of any good, cheaper equipment.

I need an amp that has/is:
- 15 watts
- Not too many effects, since I have a few pedals
- about 100-120 dollars
- Reliable and simple(ish)

I also want to know:
- is Crate a good brand of amps? I found an 100 dollar one that looks pretty cool.
- what is a good, cheaper brand?

I might want a Micro-Cube, but I'd only want the 1st-2nd cheapest one.

Also,
is the Digitech RP55, seen here(click) a good pedal? I've got 32 bucks already and I only need 42 for a new one off of amazon but I don't want to waste my money (like I said, I'm a poor kid.)

Thanks a lot,
Matt
Save your money and stop buying a load of cheap gear. Save it up and get something decent.

For the crate, im taking it's a solid state amp? If so, don't even bother, just another crap-shoot amp. As for the Digitech multi effects, don't bother either with it.
+1
Gear:
Orange Rockerverb 100
Orange 4x12
Standard Tele
Ltd EC-400
Boss Super Chorus
Cry Baby
15" MacBook Pro
Akai MPD 24
I hate to break it to you but you're not going to really find "good equipment" for such a low price. You may have to sacrifice watts for a smaller tube amp. Try the blackheart or Epiphone Valve Junior. Save up your money and you definitely won't regret it later.

I did the same thing when I was younger. I bought cheaper things because I was more worried about quantity than quality. I sold everything I used to have and have been building up a much better rig.

Do your research before buying and don't be afraid to ask around here...after you use the searchbar. That's just my 2 cents.
Agile AL-3000 HSBF>
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz V1>
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive V1>
Hardwire CM-2>
Delta Lab Chorus>
EHX Holy Grail>
Boss DD-7>
BBE Sonic Stomp>
Digitech JamMan>
Blackheart Little Giant
what pedals do you hae already?

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
Quote by rking19
I hate to break it to you but you're not going to really find "good equipment" for such a low price. You may have to sacrifice watts for a smaller tube amp. Try the blackheart or Epiphone Valve Junior. Save up your money and you definitely won't regret it later.

I did the same thing when I was younger. I bought cheaper things because I was more worried about quantity than quality. I sold everything I used to have and have been building up a much better rig.

Do your research before buying and don't be afraid to ask around here...after you use the searchbar. That's just my 2 cents.

+6728139438753489200923877598302758094237280975899320
Save your money and stop buying a load of cheap gear. Save it up and get something decent.

For the crate, im taking it's a solid state amp? If so, don't even bother, just another crap-shoot amp. As for the Digitech multi effects, don't bother either with it.

With the crate, I'll let you decide. Here it is (click here)

With the Digitech, why not? What's another good multi-effect pedal?

It takes a long time to even get 10 dollars for me... which is why I can't save a whole lot..

what pedals do you hae already?

Boss DS-1 and Ibanez Tube Screamer (overdrive)

well if you need it now, get a micro cub and dont buy anymore pedals, save up.

I do like the Cubes, but I don't even have 20 bucks right now. =\

Well, the Epiphone is still a low price (130 bucks) and it has no effects at all. The Blackheart is higher and still has no effects. I need a few effects.

I've been doing a lot of research on Harmony Central by the way

I know this is a retarded question everyone, but is the Line6 Spider III 15-watt good? I think it's an entertaining/good priced amp, but is it reliable/good sounding?
Last edited by DisasterMatt at Aug 2, 2009,
The Spider is bad amp, don't waste your time.

Look into either the Epi or Blackheart and use your tubescreamer with it. don't use it with the boss, and certainly don't use both at once.

Why do you NEED a few effects?

if you really need effects that bad, sell your Boss and buy a Vypyr 15 wt.
although you should save.
and with the vypyr, you shouldn't need pedals, except for maybe the footswitch, but i don't know if its included with the amp.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
The Spider is bad amp, don't waste your time.

Look into either the Epi or Blackheart and use your tubescreamer with it. don't use it with the boss, and certainly don't use both at once.

Why do you NEED a few effects?

if you really need effects that bad, sell your Boss and buy a Vypyr 15 wt.
although you should save.
and with the vypyr, you shouldn't need pedals, except for maybe the footswitch, but i don't know if its included with the amp.

I need effects because of the type of music I play.

Honestly, I don't like the tubescreamer that much. It's half broken and its spring is extremely sensitive. Plus, I don't need overdrive too much. The multi-effect pedal has that.
Then go with the Vypyr.
Quote by jdmurrayz
Fap energy comes from the soul, not the body.
Quote by ShrimpthePimp
Then go with the Vypyr.

Yeah, that's what I think I'm doing. I'm getting the 15W, anyone know if it's good? (It looks good on Harmony Central.)
The vyper and the vox vt15 or w/e are good amps. Cubes are nice too. Stay away from line 6 spider and marshall mgs.

Ravens too...ughh the raven
:quivers:
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
The vyper and the vox vt15 or w/e are good amps. Cubes are nice too. Stay away from line 6 spider and marshall mgs.

Ravens too...ughh the raven
:quivers:

I'm pretty sure I'm getting the Vypyr. I'm already begging my mom for it.

Yeah, the Spider is more expensive (at my local store) and it has less effects. And it's not a Peavey.
What effects do you actually need, and why do you need them?
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
+1 to all the people that said the Vox 15 watt. However, it is better at low-medium gain stuff than any thing more than Hard Rock, so we'll need to know what kinda stuff you play.

It's true you have some pedals, but I'm not sure how a hybrid amp would take a pedal, and I don't think it has an FX loop. Some one else help out here?
Ibanez Saber Series Owner!

Don't jump on the bandwagon, Line 6 Spider III's Aren't that bad!

B.U.C.K.E.T.H.E.A.D.

Quote by kirkwannabe

You, goonerbynature, win teh internetz.

Quote by b4t3man

Gold.

Quote by whitenihilist

Quote by Robino_Ibanez
What effects do you actually need, and why do you need them?

Any effects I can get. I play a lot of different stuff.

Vox Vt15

My uncle has one of those. It has beautiful tone, but it doesn't feel quite right for the stuff I play.

+1 to all the people that said the Vox 15 watt. However, it is better at low-medium gain stuff than any thing more than Hard Rock, so we'll need to know what kinda stuff you play.

It's true you have some pedals, but I'm not sure how a hybrid amp would take a pedal, and I don't think it has an FX loop. Some one else help out here?

I play Grunge, stuff like the Foo Fighters, some rock, some country. I play a little of everything.

And I have a Squier Bullet Stratocaster if you want to know that.

I think if I could find a clean setting it would take a pedal well. But if it were on a crunch setting and I did a pedal... amp go boom boom.

Thanks for writing an essay about my topic. :P
Roland cube my friend
Peavey 6505+ Head
Mesa/Boogie Oversized Rectifier 4x12 Cab
Schecter Diamond Series 006
Ibanez SZR720 TGB
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Roland Micro Cube 10watt
Quote by 555_Maggot_666
Roland cube my friend

Little more out of my price range than the Vypyr.

Do you think the Vypyr is good though? (15W)
You have a legit Ibanez tubescreamer....which is worth more than this whole setup you want....how does THAT make sense? If you really dont want or need the tubescreamer, i suggest fixing it and selling it.....that'll give you at LEASt an extra $90 or so.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
+1 for the Cube. Get the 20X. It has all the effects you need and costs less than the 30X. I used to own one, and it was a fantastic amp for the money, especially if you're just playing in your bedroom. Good luck!
Doomsday Arsenal - alternative/progressive
Fender '08 Am Std Strat w/ CS69s > MXR Classic 108 Fuzz > JH-1B Wah > MXR Dyna Comp > EHX Big Muff Pi > Maxon OD9 > MXR Phase 90 > Ibanez CS9 > MXR Carbon Copy > Boss TU-2 > Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by 555_Maggot_666
Roland cube my friend

if you're tight on budget and need effects get the roland micro cube. its small and has 7 pedal effects along with gain, distortion overdrive, clean, lbackpanel, soo much. get one used. i have one and its great. can even fit in backpack.
Quote by SaintsofNowhere
I jack off onto store aisles, hoping some b*tch will slip and get prego. It's sort of a hobby of mine.

if you're tight on budget and need effects get the roland micro cube. its small and has 7 pedal effects along with gain, distortion overdrive, clean, lbackpanel, soo much. get one used. i have one and its great. can even fit in backpack.

I'm tighter on budget than 190 bucks, I'm on an 100 dollar budget. Plus, the footswitches are pretty expensive (at least to me.) I do like the amp but it doesn't quite seem right for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.
Quote by rking19

+14

I helped my friend pick out the vyper but I didn't like it. Save you money, it's a life lesson or get a job.
"Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo."
Hold on i thought the TUBEscreamer was designed to go with TUBE amps am i correct? and to TS just save up your money or sell some stuff and get a good amp personally i would go with the Vox as it does rock tones great for example the Foo Fighters, anyway good luck. Ben
New Gear Fund £155/£???
Quote by DisasterMatt
I'm tighter on budget than 190 bucks, I'm on an 100 dollar budget. Plus, the footswitches are pretty expensive (at least to me.) I do like the amp but it doesn't quite seem right for me. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Then don't waste your money on cheap effects. You don't need to sound good in order to get good.
Quote by Proghead130793
Hold on i thought the TUBEscreamer was designed to go with TUBE amps am i correct?

No you are not. A Tubescreamer is designed to sound like an overdriven tube amp. It just so happens that it is also very good at boosting tube amps.

TS I assume you don't already have an amp? Sell your pedals and buy a modeler. Personally I suggest a Micro Cube or a Vox VT15.
"Music snobbery is the worst kind of snobbery. 'Oh, you like those noises? Those sounds in your ear? Do you like them? They're the wrong sounds. You should like these sounds in your ear.'"
- Dara O'Briain
Quote by Sampy
No you are not. A Tubescreamer is designed to sound like an overdriven tube amp. It just so happens that it is also very good at boosting tube amps.

TS I assume you don't already have an amp? Sell your pedals and buy a modeler. Personally I suggest a Micro Cube or a Vox VT15.

OK thanks. Ben
New Gear Fund £155/£???
hey man, are you sure you need exactly 15 watts?because thats way too small to play with a band, even with tube is so-so if you want clean...

if you need it only for practice, microcube should do you really fine. it's nice amp, it has effects and solid enough tone, and 5 watts for practice is enough. and its good looking

edit:sorry, i didn't see second page...microcube costs 180$?where do you live?i thought it's around 100$

edit2:here it is

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Roland-Micro-Cube-Combo-Amp-102542180-i1175936.gc
Last edited by Cobe at Aug 9, 2009,