Ok, I have my body ready and in prime. Awesome primer BTW, Interlux Epoxy PrimeKote, we have put this tuff on all kinds of things. Applied with brush and hand sanded with great results.

When I laid out the body, I used a neck from an Ibanez for my neck socket shape because that was the neck I intended on using. So the body is all ready machined to accept that neck, but now my client and I are thinking perhaps we should use a different neck.

My options:
A) Build my own neck. Not sure if I want that learning curve right now, but perhaps. Equipment and nice selection of woods not an issue, but, I have never built a neck before so….
B) Buy a semi custom neck from someone and shape it to fit. This seems like the easiest option. Any recommendations on a “neck guy”?

Also, with so many guys talking about “cool” types of wood, I like to add in that we drive up to a place in NH that has probably the best selection of in stock super cool wood on the east cost. So, if anybody from the NYC area wants a stick of something exotic, we are taking a trip up their some time in the next 60 or so days. Be happy to bring back something for you, or if you like we take a big crew cab pick up with a roof rack, so if we have room for one or two and you have never seen central NH, a beautiful place, then you could see how we get wood…..

Later
Robert
Quote by NuclearScouts
my client and I
The way I see it, if you're building custom guitars for people, you better be able to build a neck. But it seems a bit late for you to learn for this project. My advice would be to have someone make one for you this time, but build a few necks before you get to that point in the next build so you can build the whole guitar for your client next time.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia
Quote by DuctTapeNinja
. My advice would be to have someone make one for you this time .

Have anyone in mind?
Quote by NuclearScouts
Have anyone in mind?

A local luthier?
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
do it yourself, but practice a lot first on poplar.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by NuclearScouts
Ok, I have my body ready and in prime. Awesome primer BTW, Interlux Epoxy PrimeKote, we have put this tuff on all kinds of things. Applied with brush and hand sanded with great results.

When I laid out the body, I used a neck from an Ibanez for my neck socket shape because that was the neck I intended on using. So the body is all ready machined to accept that neck, but now my client and I are thinking perhaps we should use a different neck.

My options:
A) Build my own neck. Not sure if I want that learning curve right now, but perhaps. Equipment and nice selection of woods not an issue, but, I have never built a neck before so….
B) Buy a semi custom neck from someone and shape it to fit. This seems like the easiest option. Any recommendations on a “neck guy”?

or go to warmoth.

Also, with so many guys talking about “cool” types of wood, I like to add in that we drive up to a place in NH that has probably the best selection of in stock super cool wood on the east cost. So, if anybody from the NYC area wants a stick of something exotic, we are taking a trip up their some time in the next 60 or so days. Be happy to bring back something for you, or if you like we take a big crew cab pick up with a roof rack, so if we have room for one or two and you have never seen central NH, a beautiful place, then you could see how we get wood…..

Later
Robert

why would you drive all the way to NH for something you can get out in northport?
http://www.exoticwoodgroup.com/
Thanks guys. Yeah Warmoth was on my list, just did not have any experience with them. Glad to hear you guys are recommending them.

Thanks for the link to the much closer supplier of exotic woods. I checked them out. Seems cool for smaller pcs, pretty expensive, IMO, but convenience is very valuable. They also don’t sell sticks as we call them, long lengths like 8+ft. Also we like to actually physically examine what we are getting, we buy a lot a time, like 3K plus. Not for guitars, that is just a fringe benefit for me. One of my friends is a shipwright, so he is the guy that wants the long lengths, and such. We don’t mind the ride and our fuel (vegetable oil) is almost free, (typical for a NS ) so, it’s a nice drive to a cool place.

Thanks,
Robert
so where's this nyc shop of yours located anyway?

Well, one of them, mine, is in Hackensack NJ, about 10 min from the GW Bridge. We always say, NYC, because we have always loved the city, and consider ourselves New Yorkers on many levels. If you got the cash, you can find almost ANYTHING in NYC.

The reason I say one of them (shops) is because in our world, all NuclearScouts respectfully share their shops, skills, tools, vehicles, and alike. No girl’s or wife’s, . I would love to go into the background of NS, but this is not the time or place, and I know I brought it up. I am just dying to explain The NuclearScouts after the misunderstanding that occurred in our build thread.

Anyway, Thanks ~Robert
Quote by NuclearScouts
Well, one of them, mine, is in Hackensack NJ, about 10 min from the GW Bridge. We always say, NYC, because we have always loved the city, and consider ourselves New Yorkers on many levels. If you got the cash, you can find almost ANYTHING in NYC.

The reason I say one of them (shops) is because in our world, all NuclearScouts respectfully share their shops, skills, tools, vehicles, and alike. No girl’s or wife’s, . I would love to go into the background of NS, but this is not the time or place, and I know I brought it up. I am just dying to explain The NuclearScouts after the misunderstanding that occurred in our build thread.

Anyway, Thanks ~Robert

so you embrace sharing is caring in the most awesome of jobs? hmm.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard

Quote by the humanity
so you embrace sharing is caring in the most awesome of jobs? hmm.

Please be careful let us in the future describe ourselves. The phrase you mentioned has too many political implications. We are not a political group in anyway.

We are not saints and IMO any act of charity that has a face or voice is NOT charity it is advertising, soul cleansing, atonement, or something. When Donald Trump gives money away and lets the world know, he is advertising. That is not charity or “sharing is caring”.

Simple example: A full blow Tig welding setup with all the stuff one needs to properly tig weld is around 5K. I have such a rig, and I can Tig weld very well. So, I am the Tig welder for our crew. It would be a waste of 5K for my friend’s shops 15 min away to buy the same rig, and spend many hours learning the craft. So, when it needs welding, I weld it. Another one of my friends owns a 50K flat bed for towing cars, picking up materials, moving machines, etc. So, if I need it, and he is not using it, I go get it, with the keys that are already in my desk draw. We are just good friends that stay loyal, and help each other survive in our “Nuclear” age.

Later,
Robert
usacg
warmoth offers less options
Originally Posted by Twist of fate
I thought the "clean" button was to clean out the inside of the amp automatically, so I never pressed it.

Originally Posted by DjBrandenburg
pedals are stupid
Quote by NuclearScouts
Please be careful let us in the future describe ourselves. The phrase you mentioned has too many political implications. We are not a political group in anyway.

We are not saints and IMO any act of charity that has a face or voice is NOT charity it is advertising, soul cleansing, atonement, or something. When Donald Trump gives money away and lets the world know, he is advertising. That is not charity or “sharing is caring”.

Simple example: A full blow Tig welding setup with all the stuff one needs to properly tig weld is around 5K. I have such a rig, and I can Tig weld very well. So, I am the Tig welder for our crew. It would be a waste of 5K for my friend’s shops 15 min away to buy the same rig, and spend many hours learning the craft. So, when it needs welding, I weld it. Another one of my friends owns a 50K flat bed for towing cars, picking up materials, moving machines, etc. So, if I need it, and he is not using it, I go get it, with the keys that are already in my desk draw. We are just good friends that stay loyal, and help each other survive in our “Nuclear” age.

Later,
Robert

ok. I understand. sounds pretty cool.
Quote by FatalGear41

Quote by Jason Jillard