The more expensive Schecter has better pickups, a nicer finish (IMO) and probably better quality of craftsmanship. The cheaper one has awful pickups, a bad bridge, and probably worse quality of craftsmanship. That amp is nice, but you can do way better in that price range.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Alright I thought the floyd would be a great plus but it's not like I needed it for anything.

I'll get the C-1 which costs 750$ then, I need this thing to last me awhile and I don't want to keep changing pickups and upgrading it. So that one seems like a whole package.

And amp wise, could you direct me to something in that 300-400 range that would probably be better? I really like that amp though.
That amp is quite good, I just think you wouldn't use all the bells and whistles it's got. No one does. But in terms of pure tone, there are much better ones. To give you a better recommendation, I need to know a couple things:

What country are you in?
What Genres/Bands are you looking to sound like?
Will you be playing any shows? If yes, how large?
Can you go used?
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
America
Well I want something that would sound like, hmm let me see.
Shows? Probably not, I was thinking about the high school talent show next year at most.
Sure used is fine.

As for what I want to sound like
I'd go for a metal/thrash kind of tone.
Metallica/Megadeth in the late 80's kind of thing.

But I want the kind of versatility where I can just go from that, and play something by Paramore or Protest the Hero for example
well you can get a schecter hellraiser deluxe for $500. the downsides to the deluxe are: only comes in 1 finish, doesnt have coil tap which the c-1 does, different inlays, a bolt-on neck, and less "fancy stuff" than the c-1. im pretty sure the pick ups are the same though. so basically if you wanna save a couple hundred and sacrifice a couple features (coil tap) and other things that just make the guitar more decorative then go for the deluxe.
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
I would go with either a B-52 AT-112 or a Peavey Valveking combo. These are your best bets for metal in that price range, although you may want to look at Bugera. The B-52 sounded nice when I played through it. The Valveking also sounded good, and it's supposed to be really nice if you do certain mods, which are easy and guides can be found many places. Bugera is meant to sound good, but I've never played one, and they are probably too loud/heavy for your purposes. Plus, I've heard bad things about their reliability. Other options are a Peavey Classic 30 or a Used Marshall Haze combo. That Peavey would need an OD in front of it though, and you might be hard pressed to find a used Haze in your range. The only other amp I would suggest would be a used Carvin Legacy I. These are really nice, and can be found used fairly easily, since version 2 has come out.

In terms of the guitar you wanted, make sure you try it out. I know people who bought that same one because it looked good on paper, but disliked the neck. That doesn't mean you will dislike it, but try before you buy. As you can see, I play an Ibanez, this is because I like a thinner neck. Try Ibanez, LTD, Jackson, and Schecter, and find one you like.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
You can't compare a Damien to a Hellraiser. I say spend the extra money on the Hellraiser it blows the Damien out the water.
I'm willing to go to a local Sam Ash to see if I can test drive it.

Right now I have an Epiphone G-400 how comparable are the necks? Like to an Ibanez and the Hellraiser I want?

That B-52 has been brought up many times by many people, I think I'll go for it.

+I thought about the Damien but I just decided on the C-1
Also can anyone tell me what difference the C-1 Artist II's pickups are compared to the EMGs in the regular C-1?

I know they're actives and use batteries but what Genres are the duncans mainly used for.
Could you link me to the C-1 Artist II? I couldn't find it on Schecter's website. However, Seymour Duncans are very versatile, typically used for rock and bluesy stuff, but they can do metal quite well. I'd take them over the EMG's, but that's an opinion. Anyways, the Schecter would feel similar to the Epiphone you have, thick set-in neck and such. The Ibanez has a thinner neck with a wider fingerboard. It sounds strange, but many people like it. Just make sure you play it for about 10 minutes or so to get yourself used to it.

The B-52 is quite good, but many people have had problems with its reliability. Discuss with whoever you buy it from about their policy on repairing/replacing the amp if it's messed up.

On a side note, I'd like to tell you the reason I won't recommend the Damien, just in case that wasn't totally clear. The Damien has a Licensed Floyd Rose Tremolo, which means it's not a real Floyd. These are often made out of cheaper metals than Original Floyd Rose Tremolos, and don't hold tune or function as well in general. If you're buying a trem-equipped guitar, do some research on the bridge. Here's an incomplete list of good floating trems, and ones to avoid:

Good:
Ibanez Edge Pro
Ibanez Edge Zero
Ibanez ZR
Ibanez ZR II
Original Floyd Rose (aka OFR)
Floyd Rose Speedloader
Gotoh Floyd Rose

Bad:
Ibanez Edge III
Ibanez LoTRS
Any Licensed Floyd Rose that's not one of the ones in the "good" list.

If anyone knows more, please add.

EDIT: Seriously check ebay for the carvin legacy. I see a couple on there in your price range. They're way better amps than the B-52.
Quote by sg4ever

Quote by CullenT

Quote by AcousticMirror

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Last edited by ibz_bucket at Aug 3, 2009,