Im thinking about buying an SG Special and i was wondering if you are able to get a good G n R tone from it?

I cant afford the les paul and i personally prefure the body of an SG. Can anyone shine some light for me?
yea they are two different guitars totally both with different characteristics. but i guess it also matters on the amp and amp settings
Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II(
"Epicaster" pimped out strat
Fender Blues Jr.
DeltaLab RD1 Rock distortion
Barber handmade USA Direct Drive Overdrive
DeltaLab Stereo chorus
MXR 6 band EQ
The SG obviously won't sound like the LP, but you should be able to get those GNR tones with a good amp.
Gear
American Deluxe Stratocaster
Deluxe Reverb Reissue
I have a Marshall MG50 DFX and i underdstand that the two guitars have different sounds but still, with the amp that i have will i be able to get close to the tone even if its not spot on.
You will never get a GnR tone with a Marshall MG series amp. That's a solid state amp, the GnR tones rely on a naturally overdriven all-valve amp. Change amp way before you think about getting a new guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
get a new amp
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by al112987
probably not. an SG doesn't sound like an LP. it sounds like an SG.

They sound pretty close. SGs are brighter then Les Paul Customs and somewhat darker then maple topped Les Pauls.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
You can't neccasarily get a specific 'les paul' tone out of an SG,but you can definantly get nice thick tone if you want it.SG specials aren't too great from what I hear,but definantly get a new amp.Are you gigging or just jammin in the bedroom?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Ian hawkins
You can't neccasarily get a specific 'les paul' tone out of an SG,but you can definantly get nice thick tone if you want it.SG specials aren't too great from what I hear,but definantly get a new amp.Are you gigging or just jammin in the bedroom?

there good if u dont buy a shiit one
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
Quote by Ian hawkins

just bedroom stuff really
Quote by STABxYOU
They sound pretty close. SGs are brighter then Les Paul Customs and somewhat darker then maple topped Les Pauls.
It's not a matter of bright or dark, it's the fact that an SG just doesn't have the ass of a les paul. And it's thinner sounding, even compared to maple capped les pauls.