I want to buy a looper, and I was looking at the Boss RC-2 and Jamman but I plan on also using a synth and/or drum machine with my guitar playing, so I need a looper that bases its tempo/metronome on exact beats per minute (because I've seen some equipment that bases the tempo on the way you press the button), otherwise I can imagine the loop being played coming slightly out of sync with the drum machine which will sound really bad. Do you guys know if the RC-2 or Jamman has this or if any looper does?
RC-2 has built-in drum patterns and tap tempo. I don't use it with anything else except for my guitar, but the loop quantize feature is pretty good, so I doubt it'll go out of sync. RC-2 > Jamman in my opinion.

||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Had the jam man for about 6 months and one of the pedals stopped working properly. Personally they are not worth the money unless you really know what your doing. What do you plan on using it for? Obviously to loop things but is it just to jam?
Originally posted by arrrgg
When my grandpa comes over to visit, after his shower, he walks around naked to dry off
Quote by Zoso1994
RC-2 has built-in drum patterns and tap tempo. I don't use it with anything else except for my guitar, but the loop quantize feature is pretty good, so I doubt it'll go out of sync. RC-2 > Jamman in my opinion.
Sorry, dumb question, but what exactly is loop quantization or how does it work?
Quantize help nudge the recorded audio to the beat. If your timing is off, it will help it out. Too much sounds robotic, but that's more of an issue with MIDI sequencing.
Quote by Led man32
Had the jam man for about 6 months and one of the pedals stopped working properly. Personally they are not worth the money unless you really know what your doing. What do you plan on using it for? Obviously to loop things but is it just to jam?
Pretty much. I'm into Electronica so I plan to use it just to loop riffs and shit.
The thing that sucks about the boss loopers is the omission of the LED display that tells you which loop is going to play next. You have to count the flashes.
If you're doing verse chorus verse stuff (pre recorded loops) it's not the way to go. If you just need something to solo over - or layer on, then it's fine. It will even take up to 4 external pedals (two fs-6's) for dedicating start/stop record/dub and up/down to their own foot-switch...

..but if you can afford it, get the Jamman. They have an 3 button foot-switch you can buy for $30 that gives you 5 dedicated controls.