Like for real? 1-10? If not be honest lol.
PSN: RokkstarX
Live: RokkyX

All my original (C4C) material is located here.
it's hard to tell with that recording, it was clipped like mad.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
8... 9 if that doesn't have any effects on it. I think you can scream pretty good!
Well it was the best recording I could get, lol, I haven't got the professional tools yet, it was all staticy the rest of it.

no, bad recording sounded like it was more volume then actual metal/hardcore screaming, and if you do it with alot of volume you will ruin ur vocal cords
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by Winman9999
no, bad recording sounded like it was more volume then actual metal/hardcore screaming, and if you do it with alot of volume you will ruin ur vocal cords

Umm it doesn't hurt at all to do it? In fact it will probably take a toll on my voice just as much as regular vocals do.

No, it's going to take a toll no matter how you do it. Regardless of technique is extremely abrasive to your chords and if you do it enough over a period of time you're going to do considerable damage. I personally think the big thing with screaming is whether you're okay with that risk or not.

That said, proper breathing ect can control the damage to an extent. But you'll never save your chords the abuse; its a just part of screaming.

EDIT: You should really re record that standing further away from your mic. Cause the distortion from the volume is making it hard to tell how you actually sound.
Last edited by Thomasoman at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by Winman9999
no, bad recording sounded like it was more volume then actual metal/hardcore screaming

Quote by Thomasoman
EDIT: You should really re record that standing further away from your mic. Cause the distortion from the volume is making it hard to tell how you actually sound.

Take this from someone who is in/has been in bands with aggressive screaming and growling vocals. Because you're vox are clipping, it adds distortion to your scream, which makes you sound better at it. A little known tool used by many bad screaming vocalists of (especially local) hardcore/metal/metalcore/grind/whatever bands is to use a very low quality microphone, which also causes clipping and often adds a lot of low end which reproduces the distortion, they cup it to ensure maximum distortion, and scream as loud as they can into it. They'll sound good live and at practice, but if they're trying to record, they will sound dry and boring. Create a recording where your voice does not clip, and then we'll be able to accurately rate you, but right now you're nothing special.
I play guitar
Last edited by )Eric(Draven at Aug 3, 2009,
Ok I see what the question is now.. Yes, I believe you can scream, however clipping just never sounds good no matter what. I say you should try using some vocal compression and then see if you can scream. Compression with just a bit of vocal distortion fetches a great sound and I think you would do good to look into it. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! Now I would like to know- can you sing? Do post something with your vocals. YES CURT WAS MURDERED and it's a shame. At least with OJ there was a big deal over it and in the end he is recognized as a criminal.
Ok I see what the question is now.. Yes, I believe you can scream, however clipping just never sounds good no matter what. I say you should try using some vocal compression and then see if you can scream. Compression with just a bit of vocal distortion fetches a great sound and I think you would do good to look into it. If you have any questions about anything, feel free to ask! Now I would like to know- can you sing? Do post something with your vocals. YES CURT WAS MURDERED and it's a shame. At least with OJ there was a big deal over it and in the end he is recognized as a criminal.

While I personally think using compression on any type of vocals is a good idea, I disagree with the distortion. Yeah, a TINY bit can make a good vocal performance sound a little thicker, but its still not a good indicator as to screaming ability. And listening to that recording, it sounds to me like its either a terrible mic (possible) or theres a lot of distortion on it already. In which case its easy to make any scream sound good.

And honestly, you can get a similar effect as distortion by EQing correctly. And that way you don't add any awful artificial squeaking on it. Take it from someone who's had a lot of practice recording a godawful vocalist and taking the time to make him sound listenable.
Thomasomen, interesting stuff. Of course the distortion I am referring to is more like what you would get by running through a tube pre amp. Nothing too crazy but I get what you mean. Oh by the way I would really appreciate if you would return the crit. Here is my link:
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/HearItInMyHead/ feel free to give input on any track but the thread I posted is for "Hold A Moment"
If you recorded with a decent mic and recording setup, and added EQ and a ton of studio effects it would sound really good I think.
Schecter Blackjack C-1 EX (BK Painkiller, DM Liquifire)
Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
ISP Decimator
Fargen modded Peavey JSX, w/ KT77's
Hardwire DL-8 Delay