IF YOU CAME HERE FOR SOMETHING "SERIOUS", YOU MAY BE DISAPPOINTED
now for the thread topic. for anybody who is familiar with, or a fan of skateboarding, why does it seem like tony hawk is labled as a god, yet when you say "andy macdonald", more times than not youll just get "huh?" or "who?".
this has always befuddled me. theyre both about the same age, were and still are very good, and both helped progress skating tremendously, with the only major differences i see are tony having a video game, and andy still competes.
tl;dr why does andy macdonald get sh*t on while tonly hawk is the "god" of skating
discuss.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
I know who they both are, both are very talented skaters.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
Quote by CoreysMonster
tony hawk has his own video game

/thread

this.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
Your post was the only bright spot in this disgusting piece of thread.

Quote by lexanirider78
You have balls. I like balls....(awkward silence)

Quote by SeveralSpecies
I waited for the rape.

...but the rape never came
Eric Koston is better. And Rodney Mullen. At least to me they are.
Quote by CoreysMonster

/thread

This. Also because he did the 900 before everyone else and just because he made himself so available to the public thus making him a household name.
Quote by CoreysMonster

/thread

answered

plus he did the 900 so everyone can be like TONY HAK DIDNT HE DO THE NIN HUNDERD LOL
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
Quote by guitar4life24

but youve never noticed alot more people dont respect or even know who andy is? maybe its just around here, but i just dont get it.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by CoreysMonster

/thread

And he was in the Simpsons.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Strato-Massacre
but youve never noticed alot more people dont respect or even know who andy is? maybe its just around here, but i just dont get it.

how many golfers do you know besides tiger woods? he's a celebrity amongst skaters and non-skaters alike, whereas the other guys aren't.
Quote by CoreysMonster
how many golfers do you know besides tiger woods? he's a celebrity amongst skaters and non-skaters alike, whereas the other guys aren't.

i know of quite a few. and tiger isnt seen as the god of golf, just the best in the world right now.
EDIT: whats w/ all the massive t*ts for your avatars?
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by phlip999

+1

I don't skate anymore, but when I did that man was god to me.
So fell Lord Perth...

... And the countryside did shake with that thunder.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
i know of quite a few. and tiger isnt seen as the god of golf, just the best in the world right now.
EDIT: whats w/ all the massive t*ts for your avatars?

what's with the unattractive blonde in yours?

and iirc being the best in the world kinda qualifies the title of "god"
Quote by CoreysMonster

and iirc being the best in the world kinda qualifies the title of "god"

no. tiger isnt viewed as the best thing to ever happen to golf. and he isnt.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
Quote by phlip999

they are have totally different styles than tony hawk so you cant really compare them.
Quote by Strato-Massacre
no. tiger isnt viewed as the best thing to ever happen to golf. and he isnt.

yeah and I kinda doubt that's what anyone who knows two ****s about skating thinks about Tony Hawk either. he's just a celebrity, like how most non-guitarists still recognise Hendrix as a guitar great.
Tony hawk does have his own videogame . I think he is an excellent skater though. His body is kinda wonky shaped though.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝
Quote by phlip999

MEH totally different. Koston has a straightforward street style and Mullen is more of a flatlander. whereas Andy and Tony are both straight up vert skaters. anyway, Rodney has a "god" status among loads of skaters, he invented tonnes of street tricks and is amazing to watch.
and imo andy's better, but what can you do
it is basically just cos of Tony's game series and the 900 as far as i can see. oh yeah, and because of Birdhouse, and cos he invented lots of tricks that have become staples.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Really, it's mostly just the video game. It was/is quite popular, you know.
skateboarding is like guitar playing, you attempt to do an olly down a stair case, lose the skateboard on the way down, land on it and smash your face in the ground knocking all your teeth out and having your buddies laugh at you passed out waiting for the ambulance.

Wait... what I meant was: Popularity is always an issue. Tony Hawk is very talented but he's just more popular from his video game and his appearences in various programs such as simpsons and Viva La Bam and Jackass(?)
RIP Bernie Mac
RIP Michael Jackson

FUCK YOU DIME!

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
Get 'Cliff is Angry. So so angry' on your ass.

Edit: Then take pictures and send me them.

Genetically engineered and raised by wolverines DAVE MUSTAINE...
Tony Hawk was market-savvy enough to cash in his talent for a crap load of money.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
People that are interested in skating know who Andy Mac is. Tony is the only one that is very well known outside of the skating world. Probably because he became popular enough to have his own game.

There are plenty of great skaters that aren't really known outside of the skating world. People like Bob Burnquist, Buckey Lasek, Rodney Mullen, Erik Coston, and others.
cause he's a family type, has a video game, and a catchy name. it's more of a crime that rodney mullen isn't a household name, i'm not a skateboarding fan, but he makes art out of it.
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by MuffinBrain
Ok, uhhh

So, how's the weather been guys?

It is off topic with a chance of ban.

Tony Hawk nailed the 900 remember? that's what made him famous
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
Tony Hawk is thought to be a god only by those ignorant enough to assume they know what they are talking about, despite the fact that they have only every played skateboarding videogames, and have never so much as watched a skate video, let alone actually skateboarded. Those of us who do in fact skateboard know that Tony Hawk is mind-numbingly overrated and only famous because of his videogames, severely unhelpful trick tip DVDs and the aforementioned 900, and that Andy McDonald is rad.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
no offense, but is this a serious question? the answer is blatantly obvious. like everyone else said its only because of the fact that he put his name out there with video games, his clothing company, birdhouse, all that stuff. andy macdonald doesn't do anything to promote himself to the outside world
Fender MIM Standard lefty strat (midnight wine, sexy i know)
Vox DA15
Quote by rock.meet Slash
oh yes but do they have....THE PIT?

Quote by rickmeister
Stealing is cool again? Sweet, I'm gonna rob a Subway brb
Quote by guitar4life24

exactly and i don't watch that much skateboarding...
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by CoreysMonster

Don't you dare say that about my Ashley Tisdale.
Quote by Snuffles
You are an absolute god, offspring_punk

Quote by drop-dead666
You're a retard, read Scourges posts. There is already a system folder, why do I need a system32.
Quote by offspring_punk
Don't you dare say that about Strato-Massacre's Ashley Tisdale.

fixed
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker

Quote by PurpleClawz
It's like that with a lot of sports, most people I know only know one snowboarder; Shaun White.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way