I've owned a few acoustic guitars, but in june as my graduation present I got a taylor 210 acoustic-electric..I play it all the time and just today I noticed that the back of the guitar has bowed out, the farthest out being right underneath the bridge. this has never happened to me before, and it doesn't seem like it could be a good thing...what do I do?
John Entwistle is my God. RIP.

listening to you, I get the music, gazing at you, I feel the heat, following you, I climb the mountain, I get excitement at your feet.
<3 tommy.
Umm....its SUPPOSED to be like that. All acoustics have a bit of "bowing" on the back. You don't have a problem until it goes concave (I think)
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
well I'm glad to hear that..like I said as far as I know it's never happened to any of my other guitars, so it kind of just took me by surprise...

listening to you, I get the music, gazing at you, I feel the heat, following you, I climb the mountain, I get excitement at your feet.
<3 tommy.
Taylor's laminate series (100-200) are naturally bowed. Have you noticed that there's no bracing on the back of the guitar?

I believe the reason for this construction is similar to archtops and Ovation's back-bowl style.

Don't worry, it's perfectly normal =]
thank you.. i was kind of freaking out lol. it just struck me because I had never noticed it before even though I play it all the time..so I guess I feel kind of stupid now, but thanks a lot. =]

<3 tommy.