So i've decided that since although im pretty sure it would be fine, i don't wanna to risk putting 6550/KT88s in my red bear without being able to know if it can handle the extra heater current.

So what i need is a 6L6 with either very high headroom or a 5881 with nice breakup, and also something with as much a mid-hump as a 6L6 can give me. Im using JJ6L6GCs in it now which seem to have high but not high enough headroom and they don't seem to break up very nicely. They sound great but there is some unwanted distortion at high high volumes which i am always playing at.

any suggestions? I was looking at the Tungsol 5881 or the Winged C 6L6?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
anyone?
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
For 6L6's I would look into TAD's Or Winged C's They have both suited me well in my amp.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Look at Tungsols. Those usually have a bit more of a transparent tone which can give your cranked tone a bit of a cleaner feel to it.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
cool. anyone heard anything about the 6L6-S?
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob