with todays technology i dont see an issue.

swine flu came and went as well. (sure its still around, but it hasn't really phased anyone)
v CLICK v

Quote by musicjunkie207
The time I fell on my face on a trampoline and cracked my neck, then proceded to run around the yard in a blind panic screaming "I hope I'm not paralyzed! OH GOD I THINK I'M PARALYZED!"
Quote by GibsonRocker14

swine flu came and went as well. (sure its still around, but it hasn't really phased anyone)

i dont know like, im guessing there are alot more rodents than there are pigs in the world. so im you never know it might spread quite fast.
Goddamit China, always ruining ****......
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I'm just going to move down into the bottom of the ocean.
■■■
'member The Pit of 10'? oH, I 'member!

╚═ ▼▲▼▲▼═╝

Yo
RIFT.CANYON.DREAMS.

Quote by Oroborous
I'm trying to cover one of my bedroom walls in semen. I'm about half way done.

Pics coming soon
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I'm just going to move down into the bottom of the ocean.

Cthulhu dude, hes down there, we're ****ed no matter where we go lol.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
Quote by GibsonRocker14

If you were actually following the news, swine flue is growing faster and faster, as most pandemics do, and the concern isn't over swine flu in its current state but what might happen if swine flu mutates into a more contagious, more lethal form that is immune to antibiotics etc.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
If you were actually following the news, swine flue is growing faster and faster, as most pandemics do, and the concern isn't over swine flu in its current state but what might happen if swine flu mutates into a more contagious, more lethal form that is immune to antibiotics etc.

I don't know what to say.
i'm not worried, at least until the mongols start attacking again. then we're all fucked!

Quote by jetfuel495
WWZ, anyone?

And TS, WTF is with your username?

and this
Quote by thanksgiving
That is quite unique...

Quote by navarreguitaris
What? She said "just solder it back together"?

Quote by JacobTheMe

"Hey guys check out this cool penis!"

LOL
Last edited by dethklokrulz! at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by SlayingDragons
I don't know what to say.

Hooray, I sent someone speechless At least you didn't flame me I guess though...
well I think it's obvious that we're all going to die now.
Como te
Quote by DisarmGoliath
Hooray, I sent someone speechless At least you didn't flame me I guess though...

Yeah, I wasn't going to flame you, it's just that you're probably right, even though I just want to ignore swine flu and laugh at it, unless I get it.
Shut...

Down...

EVERYTHIG!!!
Quote by StoopidRudeboy
Ohhhhh, you still ruined it for me now...... never mind. Your cool ill let it go.

Hmm...

closest thing I ever got to a compliment
Quote by SlayingDragons
Yeah, I wasn't going to flame you, it's just that you're probably right, even though I just want to ignore swine flu and laugh at it, unless I get it.

Either way, it's probably better to get it now if you're in good physical health and have the antigens so you can't get it if it gets stronger/more dangerous. And no worries, I'm only agreeing with what many scientists/doctors say Quite a lot of people in the UK have caught it (well, there's thousands of new cases every day anyway to the point where they've stopped testing people in places and are just administering drugs to people with flu-like symptoms!) so I know a few people who've had it and are over it. My mom may have even had it, she had some form of flu recently but I haven't picked it up despite seeing her twice in the week she had it so I don't think it's as contagious as is worried just yet.
Quote by DisarmGoliath

antibiotics aren't used to fight viruses ...
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
antibiotics aren't used to fight viruses ...

That's a very good point I'm no biologist though; resistent to Tamiflu and other drugs they've used so far then.
DAM CoMMIES, DEERP.
Tonight I kill your fucking face.
I killed your face.

HG FC: 4211 7971 0287
Plt FC: 3052 1000 9033
Last edited by RipeFlesh at Aug 2, 2009,
Quote by Chodegrinder
i dont know like, im guessing there are alot more rodents than there are pigs in the world. so im you never know it might spread quite fast.

Doesn't matter whether or not there are more rodents. Once it infects the human population, the question becomes how much faster will it spread. Plus I think it was reported that pigs didn't really have that much to do with the swine flu, which is the reason they tried to correct the name to H1N1.

"Why is novel H1N1 virus sometimes called “swine flu”?
This virus was originally referred to as “swine flu” because laboratory testing showed that many of the genes in this new virus were very similar to influenza viruses that normally occur in pigs in North America. But further study has shown that this new virus is very different from what normally circulates in North American pigs. It has two genes from flu viruses that normally circulate in pigs in Europe and Asia and avian genes and human genes. Scientists call this a "quadruple reassortant" virus."- http://www.cdc.gov/h1n1flu/qa.htm
Quote by jetfuel495
WWZ, anyone?

And TS, WTF is with your username?

My name is just a cheap rip off of corpsegrinder from cannibal corpse lol
Oh f*ck. One of my friends freaks out about the idea of getting swine flu, as soon as she finds this out we'll have to calm her down allover again.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
The bubonic and pneumonic plagues have been floating around the far east for centuries, on and off. Humans can't build a natural resistance to it over generations so it keeps coming back, but it's quite easily treatable. It's only really bad in poor areas that can't afford many medicines.
the plague spread so fast in europe back in the day because of unsanitary conditions. they threw the contents of their bedpans out windows into the street. feces littered the walkways. the cure for the plague is literally soap. if you stay clean, you're probably fine.

on the topic of swine flu: when that whole thing first came onto the scene, one of my friends was on vacation in costa rica. when everyone got back to school the next week, people had to report if they'd gone out of state. she got in late, and had to go to the front office to check in. the secretary asked her if she had gone anywhere, and when she told the secretary "Costa Rica", she got quarantined in the nurse's office for a few hours. they did some test and then let her go free, but she had to go back to get checked every day for a week. it was pretty funny.
Like punk the way it used to be? Deranged Youth Its like what Warped Tour should be!

Want to hear something mind-blowing? Pit O' Bodies Its like an amateur hypnotist plus the Spanish Inquisition!
Woahhh nooo!!!!what will we do in this most dire of straits?this valley of shadow?the den of Death.other ways of saying its super duper bad....but that bad.

on topic there will be a fun,satirical skit with John Stewart tonight i predict about the plague.
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by Hoodoo Man
The bubonic and pneumonic plagues have been floating around the far east for centuries, on and off. Humans can't build a natural resistance to it over generations so it keeps coming back, but it's quite easily treatable. It's only really bad in poor areas that can't afford many medicines.

I think you should replace the media in telling us about 'serious' illnesses that come and go, far less people would panic.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by el-ECTRO
I think you should replace the media in telling us about 'serious' illnesses that come and go, far less people would panic.

I'd like to think so too, although if my plan of dressing as a plague doctor this hallowe'en comes together I might have the opposite effect.
Quote by el-ECTRO
Oh f*ck. One of my friends freaks out about the idea of getting swine flu, as soon as she finds this out we'll have to calm her down allover again.

I advise secksing her into a coma.
Quote by Hoodoo Man

Actually, europeans, northern more so if memory serves, who have a genetic resistance to the bubonic plaque also have a genetic resistance to AIDs. Not sure how this really relates, I'm faded, but its a cool fact.

And oh ****in' well, its been around, there have been a few cases here and there, and GODFORBID there be one in CHINA! Where most of the common flu strains originate EVERY ****ING YEAR. Krist on a cabbage people.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by zekk
Actually, europeans, northern more so if memory serves, who have a genetic resistance to the bubonic plaque also have a genetic resistance to AIDs. Not sure how this really relates, I'm faded, but its a cool fact.

Now that's interesting, because the inability of humans to develop a resistance to the bubonic plague is a commonly given reason for why the bubonic plague and the black death are two different things. The black death peaked every couple of decades, and gradually killed fewer and fewer people until it faded away, showing that people who survived became more resistant to it, and passed this immunity to their children. But the bubonic plague supposedly works differently.

Perhaps the genetic resistance you're talking about is not to do with exposure to the disease but rather a lucky genetic trait that happens to make northern europeans less susceptible to the plague. Any idea where you heard about that?