I work at a grocery store as a cashier and i see alot of different people and every once in a while i would get the occasional foreigner who can't speak english. but sometimes i would get a couple where the wife doesn't speak a word of english but the husband is american. the usual foreigners would be asian, russian or hispanic. then i started to think that these guys married to these foreign chicks aren't that special looking which lead to a question. Could some of the women be mail order brides? it just seems a little weird that the husband just happens to have a close relationship where the woman doesn't speak a word of english. i'm not sure what to make of it. also do you think there are alot of mail order brides roaming around?
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
My guitar teacher basically did the mail order bride, and now he has two kids and hates his life. That was enough to end my curiosity.
Mail order brides? I don't think I've ever come across one. Do they really exist?
"When words fail, music speaks"

Gamertag - Acoustickk

Call me Vincent
My grandpa [who i dont speak to] is one of those creepy old dudes.

It's the reason why I have a two year uncle and a four year old aunty.
...In my opinion.
Maybe the people you see don't make looks their main priority, and maybe they're also bilingual. I know wrapping your head around both of those concepts is difficult, but you can do it.
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
Last edited by Karvid at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by potcorn56
I work at a grocery store as a cashier and i see alot of different people and every once in a while i would get the occasional foreigner who can't speak english. but sometimes i would get a couple where the wife doesn't speak a word of english but the husband is american. the usual foreigners would be asian, russian or hispanic. then i started to think that these guys married to these foreign chicks aren't that special looking which lead to a question. Could some of the women be mail order brides? it just seems a little weird that the husband just happens to have a close relationship where the woman doesn't speak a word of english. i'm not sure what to make of it. also do you think there are alot of mail order brides roaming around?
No, silly. We don't MARRY them.
We just shack up with them for a bit then ship them back for a new model.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by PinoyxRockar
Mail order brides? I don't think I've ever come across one. Do they really exist?

very much so.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Holy hell they exist...I'm gonna google that sh!t now, I want one with big melons

damn I only have about 34 dollars
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
They exist.
There's a company in the former Soviet Union that will pay American men 25k to marry a woman and get her through all the testing that's required. There was a TV special about it a few weeks ago.... I have a friend who's debating taking advantage of it.

Me... nah.... I've been married too many times to even think about it.
Quote by Karvid
Maybe the people you see don't make looks their main priority, and maybe they're also bilingual. I know wrapping your head around both of those concepts is difficult, but you can do it.

I think he meant maybe some of them are mail order brides, not ALL of them lol.

Anywhooo, I think it's possible. Ask them, the wife won't be offended because she doesn't speak the language.
Carlos! Not at the table!

Quote by TSmitty6
funniest part of the show for me: everyone yells SLAYER, all the time. so this one dude goes up to the esspresso stand and yells LATTE!!!!!!! and the lady spilled the drink all over the customer.
Quote by Karvid

+1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Lol, what a strange thread.

I doubt it, while I suppose its possible, I doubt it.

I think russia is the only place you can order a bride from. lame.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
The bigger issue. Trying to ring them up if they have a WIC check and they don't speak English and they happen to get NON-WIC items. Try explaining it to them, honestly. I can speak spanish some but I don't have time to learn German/Polish/ect...
Quote by Vypor
Lol, what a strange thread.

I doubt it, while I suppose its possible, I doubt it.

I think russia is the only place you can order a bride from. lame.

Philippines... Morocco... there are a bunch of places. It's just more advertised in Russia.
Quote by icaneatcatfood
The bigger issue. Trying to ring them up if they have a WIC check and they don't speak English and they happen to get NON-WIC items. Try explaining it to them, honestly. I can speak spanish some but I don't have time to learn German/Polish/ect...

dude holy **** i know what you mean. and the people that are on food stamps are always pissed off at you because they are on food stamps and when it doesnt work the get all crazy and more angry and start giving you some nasty looks.
Quote by nincompoop
potcorn56, you are a god.
Quote by potcorn56
dude holy **** i know what you mean. and the people that are on food stamps are always pissed off at you because they are on food stamps and when it doesnt work the get all crazy and more angry and start giving you some nasty looks.

Yeah. They yell at me like I spent all their money on their card, or that I didn't put it back on in the beginning of the month.
well, from what i've seen, most of the 'american' husbands are soldiers that toured in said foreign country and fell in love, i guess, with their current wife.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
My great uncle has been married to one for like 15 years or so. He's around 55 and she's around 35... yeah it's weird. She's wants a baby but he has a vasectomy that he hasn't told her about. He pretty much uses her for sex. I know they don't love each other. She pretty much ****s around behind his back though lol... all her myspace pictures are with rich looking dudes with a bunch of booze in their hands. I know they get ****ed up.

But yeah, mail order brides are pretty much like a permanent prostitute that you can buy. No real love connection, just mindless sex (and STDs if your bride hasn't been checked) .
University of Kentucky Wildcats Football - (5-4)
Cincinnati Bengals - (6-2)
Cincinnati Reds - (78-84)

Ugly Poop Colored Text

My last.fm
add me as a friend, fool.
I think this concept of mail order brides is pretty smart. You can see that on average, people with mail order brides last longer then people not marrying foreigners. Plus I'd love to find a Swedish girl that is beautiful, smart, bilingual, loves kids, AND ME! Most of em are actually looking for love which is kinda sweet to think about.
Originally Posted by Spachula
So my band recently played our first gig, and it actually went great. There was only one problem though....
My band is pissed at me now for wearing a banana costume while I performed.

Quote by reb_49
Holy hell they exist...I'm gonna google that sh!t now, I want one with big melons

damn I only have about 34 dollars

better settle for these so

My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!
Quote by Benjibum2nd
My grandpa [who i dont speak to] is one of those creepy old dudes.

It's the reason why I have a two year uncle and a four year old aunty.

hahaha

but yeah this does seem strange but if they're happy, who am I to judge
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
I'm pretty sure they're former military guys. I surely can't be the only one to think so?
My guitar build

My gear:
Blackheart Little Giant Combo
Epiphone Les Paul with Rio Grande TX/BBQ pickup set
Little Big Muff
Blues Driver
In sweden it's common to go to thailand and get yourself a bride.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████