I am somewhat of a beginner of a player.. I've played a Fender Squire Strat for a year, and I used the default strings until a friend upgraded them to slightly higher quality ones. However, when I play, they vibrate with a relatively high amplitude. My friend has a different guitar.. an Austin which looks just like mine. His strings play much tighter though, and I pick the wrong string by accident less. Is my model just lesser quality, or should I just buy better strings?

My best bet seems to buy a new guitar some time soon, or borrow my friend's
could do with the gauge of string or tuning the guitar is in...is each guitar in standard tuning?
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
Just FYI, strings should be changed regularly once or twice a month.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Change your strings every month, your strings either has fret buzz, or they are not in tune.
Quote by Chziime
His strings play much tighter though, and I pick the wrong string by accident less. Is my model just lesser quality, or should I just buy better strings?

Picking the wrong string has nothing to do with the quality of string. Work on playing better before you worry about quality of strings. I went through the same thing when I first started. I blamed my rig, when all of the fault lay in my own fingers.