No because i play a REAL guitar, and so should you.

Just kidding, i play bass sometimes and i do hate when i can't find a song.
Carlos! Not at the table!

Quote by TSmitty6
funniest part of the show for me: everyone yells SLAYER, all the time. so this one dude goes up to the esspresso stand and yells LATTE!!!!!!! and the lady spilled the drink all over the customer.
It did when i just wanted to learn songs and whatnot, but learning stuff by ear helps me also figure out what i'm gonna play to accompany some occasionally sent riff ideas from band mates so now they dont think i'm a noob and it all works out.

But it can be pretty annoying that there isnt magically a well put together tab for every song ... that would be sweet eh?

Usually you can figure out the tuning from google or just a search around here and go from there so its not like your completely alone.
"Rome wasn't built in a week"

"Yeah but when they built rome, they didnt go "hey look, there's a functional building" AND ****ING KICK IT OVER AND PISS ON THE ASHES BECAUSE THE PEASANTS WERE CRYING THAT IT WAS TOO GLORIOUS AND AWESOME."
Last edited by Thegian at Aug 3, 2009,
i agree. and you guys that say you play guitar. I think you may be lost. It's the bass forum. Go home you silly egomaniacs with your 6 strings and ooooh jesus christ

guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"
I almost never use tabs. EAR FTW!!!

By the way, your ear will never get better unless you start using it for everything. Starting right now.
Usually when I can't find a tab for a song I want to learn I just make up my own bass part to play, or I learn it by ear, I just enjoy doing it the first way because it helps out with my creativity and all that stuff; makes things more interesting for me.
Quote by Black Ox
Who cares how you learn,just learn it.Elitest.
I just hate when they list bass as an intrument in Powertab but its not there.

Elitist? All I said was the sooner you start using your ear the sooner you get better at using your ear. Nothing elitist about that. The only elitism going on in this thread is your post
Quote by Black Ox
Who cares how you learn,just learn it.Elitest.
I just hate when they list bass as an intrument in Powertab but its not there.

if you didn't try going to view>bass score it should show you the bass score for the song. i don't know if you knew about that so i thought i would just share it just to help you out
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
One man's 'elitist' is another man's 'actual musician'.

How's that for elitist?

It'll do your playing a world of good to learn by ear. I seem to find the tabs of all the songs I can't quite make out by ear - not a coincidence.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
the bass forum is not for bitching
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.