Hey i need a distortion pedal and was wondering which one i should get either the Bass big muff pi or the russian big muff. i like the sound of muse and death from above if that helps. thanks in advance.
Last edited by dead_taco at Aug 3, 2009,
Both absolutely ruin your low end but the Russian does so slightly less since it uses components that result in a muddier tone.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I would say to get the Bass Big Muff, unless you are prepared to fork out a bit more for modded Muff clones that work well with bass, like the Supercollider.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Neither, Chris from Muse uses a Big Muff Pi with a rare Akai pedal, and Jessie uses the heads on his amps for distortion.

I tried the Bass Blogger in a music shop the other day, and the drive mode sounds great, I didnt try the fuzz mode, the EBS stomp box, not the Valve Drive is really nice too.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
They're both rather awesome so long as you mix in a dry, bassy signal or bi-amp like Wolstenholme. But I'd reccomend the Bass Big Muff for obvious reasons.
Last edited by Spaz91 at Aug 3, 2009,
Wait. You mean the Russian Muff isn't called a Big Muff Pi?
Damn it! All the stores I've every walked into sells counterfeits!
They're 2 different pedals. The green one is typically called a Russian Big Muff. American ones are typically called Big Muffs, with or without the Pi. Face it - nobody really says Pi.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
I have a black one with a pi symbol which says made in Russia... what does that mean it is?
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by gilly_90
I have a black one with a pi symbol which says made in Russia... what does that mean it is?

The TS was just referring to the USA Big Muff as the Big Muff Pi, which is incorrect; both versions are called the Big Muff Pi. Yours is simply the Russian version.