So I was Googling some guitars and a BestBuy link came up. To my surprise I found that BestBuy has quite a few electric and acoustic guitars on their website for sale.

Is this new? or am I just a bit behind the times?

Also, what do you guys think about big stores (Best Buy, Walmart, or Target) that don't specialize in guitars selling guitars? I've heard a lot of bad stories about people purchasing guitars from these places.
Quote by guitar-guy01
do what this guy says, he is wise
why go to best buy, when there's a perfectly good GC or Long and McQuade a few minutes away?

i guarantee you wont be getting quality stuff there. here in canada they haven't started it yet, not that im aware of.
i wouldnt buy guitars from target or walmart because they are ****ty first act guitars. best buy's website has some good stuff, but i think i'd stick to buying from musiciansfriend and guitarcenter. or any other place that was created to specifically sell musical instruments
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
Quote by ToughGuy123
Ha yeah. And at some stores they have guitar techs now.

Wow really? That's great. Makes me want to apply for that position at a Best Buy when I turn 18 in a couple months. It'd be almost like working at GuitarCenter (a stretch I know), but with all the other nice discounts =D.
Quote by guitar-guy01
Quote by dma529
Wow really? That's great. Makes me want to apply for that position at a Best Buy when I turn 18 in a couple months. It'd be almost like working at GuitarCenter (a stretch I know), but with all the other nice discounts =D.
Well, you could if you live in a big city/town. I know they have them in NYC and stuff, but not in any old store.
Best buy supposably has some nice stuff in, unfortunately mine doesn't have a music section.
1987 Ibanez Jem 777LNG #124
2012 Herc Fede PMC Jem
1987 Ibanez RG550 Road Flare Red-R
Marshall JCM-1 W/Lead 12 Cab.
Wampler, Ibanez, MXR, Morley Pedals
yes they do. And my friend got a pretty sweet deal for his Fender Strat there. O_O
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by dma529

pfft, $50 off my next $10 000 purchase is not enough of a discount to get me to lower myself to that.
The only time I actually saw a guitar in a Best Buy was a beat up Strat that was missing a few strings.
Quote by guitar-guy01
Yep. I had Gibson's website open (links from Electric Guitar forum) and went to the store locator. Anyway, they had 3 things that came up -- 2 Guitar Center's and Best Buy. So I went to the website and the only thing made by Gibson I found on there was a $1k Les Paul.

Edit: Epiphone Slash Sig Les Paul
Guitars:
Epiphone SG
Schecter Damien FR
Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amps:
Epiphone Studio 10S Practice Amp
Peavey ValveKing 212

Effects:
Vox V847 (NOT V847A) Wah Pedal
DOD FX55-B Supra Distortion
yeah, old. There was a huge debate thread about it a while ago. TS thought noobs shouldnt play guitar or something, if i remember correctly.

Insanedit: Lt., was that at me or other TS? I should clarify: other TS (from the original debate thread) didn't want best buy to sell instruments because more kids would get involved in guitar and be kids about it (ask stupid questions, come onto UG and such.).
"We were one among the fence"
Quote by diofan88
You have no idea how many mornings my dad has woken up to me in my underroos rocking out in the morning...on a mission...A MISSION TO ROOOOCCCCKKKKK!!!!!
Last edited by Insanitydenied at Aug 3, 2009,
They do but its those begininer guitars that cost like 150 dollars. I think its good for people who never played guitar, so i really dont mind them selling them.
not "now". Mine has sold guitars for at least ten years
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
i went to the section once expecting the lulz and all it was, was a tiny room with like 15 guitars, a drum set, some accessories and blarring swedish death metal. havent gone to best buy since.
Quote by masterohumans
They do but its those begininer guitars that cost like 150 dollars. I think its good for people who never played guitar, so i really dont mind them selling them.

Not sure about that. There were some pretty expensive guitars up on the site. Anyone know if they carry the same ones in-store?
Quote by guitar-guy01
There's one here in California.

Takes up half the entire store.
It's pretty legit.
"I've said it like 30 times in a row" - Barry Johnson and the Funky Bunch
Quote by masterohumans

Maybe in your area, but they just opened a new one by me and they carry a respectable line of guitars at reasonable prices... Gibsons, Fenders, etc... some pretty nice stuff.
I would never purchase an instrument from a non-instrument store.
GEAR
Epiphone SG-400
Marshall 1987 JCM-800 2210 100W

Proud Member of:
The SG Owners Unite
Marshall Amplification
EHX Users Guild

The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society