Gday I'm fairly new to playin and got told that this is a good place to come to for advice.

I've been playing my trusty Fender Squire on and off for two years after my brother gave up on it, but mainly been focusing on my drums. I've been playing a lot lately and decided its time to upgrade. I'm looking for something around the price of $600 Aus (about $500 US) and is decent enough to gig with. I'm mainly into playing metal/hardcore so looking for something suitable for that. I've found this guitar which seems pretty decent and I will definately get the feel of it before i get close to making up my mind, but first I want to look around at my other options first. What are other choices that would be suitable?

Cheers.
Looks pretty sick, but I'd probalby consider getting a floyd rose if oyur gonna be palyign metal :P
~Carl
The guitar you posted would be better if you could put some new pickups into it.

Maybe this? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Hellraiser-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-520092-i1443064.gc
Quote by aldo47
(i thought hot strings would make me finger faster.)
so i tried to set my strings on fire by putting a lighter on the high e string n it cut it so wtf??!!? i passed the lighter rrly slowly by it for less then a sec n then it snapped...
id definetly say schecter and if you're only going to be spending $500, don't get a floyd because those liscenced ones in that price range will not be pretty
Quote by Balmazer
The guitar you posted would be better if you could put some new pickups into it.

Maybe this? http://www.guitarcenter.com/Schecter-Hellraiser-Deluxe-Electric-Guitar-520092-i1443064.gc

hmm thats a pretty sweet choice. Listed as $499 (US) and sells for $1,120 (AUS) at my local music stores... i reckon i'll buy from there. That's if they ship to Australia. I reckon I'll definately give that one a go next time im in the store.
Alright so today I made a stop in my local music store and had a crack at the Schecter Hellraiser 2009 Diamond series and gotta say... i friggin love it! I just cant find any reviews online, anyone able to link me to a few? Will be goin back tomorrow to make up my mind and try out others but so far its the most likely choice, it feels great to play and has an awesome sound for what I'm gonna be playing.

Cheers for all the help its been much appreciated
Is it odd that when I read your posts, my mind was receiving them in an Australian accent?

I'd definitely recommend either Schecter or an Ibanez ART.