They're not that great, and I know I've done better, but I left them raw because I said that I'll try improvising right then and there to see how I did. I figured this way it's a better representation of what I'd theoretically be able to do live.

What do you guys suggest I work on?

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Happy+the+Pirat/skills/play672389
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Happy+the+Pirat/skills/play672394

I used free backing tracks that I found on youtube, I'm just the dingy sounding acoustic lead.

I used the A blues scale for the first, and C Major for the second.

Sorry if this isn't the right forum.... but I think it is.
Last edited by Happy the Pirat at Aug 3, 2009,
It's obvious you are having fun learning to solo and you're not terrible, that's for sure! It only gets better and easier. Keep up the good work!
I'm sorry for being the negative guy but man, there's no balls in your play there. You need to play it like you mean it. I don't feel anything, plus there's no progression in the intensity, you should always try to grow in intensity when you improvise or play a song. Just my 2 cents. That's probably not what you wanted to hear but it's a very overlooked topic, but it's what differs the best players from the rest of the players, they mean what they play.
My gear:
-Ibanez JS 6000 Custom w/ 11-48 gauge
-Ibanez FGM 400BB w/ 10-46 gauge
-Peavey 6505 2x12 Combo
-MXR Phase 90
-Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
-Morley Wah/Volume Pro Series II
-Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer
-Gator G-Bus 8
-Xotic BB Preamp
Quote by Ibzman
I'm sorry for being the negative guy but man, there's no balls in your play there. You need to play it like you mean it. I don't feel anything, plus there's no progression in the intensity, you should always try to grow in intensity when you improvise or play a song. Just my 2 cents. That's probably not what you wanted to hear but it's a very overlooked topic, but it's what differs the best players from the rest of the players, they mean what they play.

Haha, nah! I wanted criticism! That's how I can know what to improve.

So you think I should base my solos off a specific riff or lick maybe then deviate on it as it goes on then eventually deviate to the point where I'll eventually go back to the original form?

But.. hm... in terms of putting emotion? It felt like I was putting emotion in it when I was playing. Maybe it's like learning to talk. A little kid's a bit harder to understand than an adult.

But thanks for everyone's input.
Last edited by Happy the Pirat at Aug 3, 2009,