Okay so here is a two part question.

I spent most of my guitar playing years using combos, specifically solid state fenders. As a result, I'm not exactly an expert in tube amps and speaker cabs. But I am learning steadily.

I'm interested in the Vintage 30 speakers, simply due to the fact that they are the go-to speaker for balanced tone,clarity and response for high gain. There are dozens of cabs out there loaded with these speakers, some more expensive than others, it seems. My first question is, what differentiates these cabs and their prices other than the name on them? Is there any difference between, say, a Mesa cab with v30's and a Framus Dragon cab with v30's?

For the second part of the question, am I understanding correctly that a Hughes and Kettner Red Box DI will allow me to use only my amp head into the PA? It would be nice if I didn't have to lug my cab into every venue, especially the small cramped spaces.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.
Really? Nothing at all? I should have titled this " which amp should I get?" Since there is no shortage of those who peruse UG with the sole purpose of giving advice and suggestions. Would've gotten more than 31 hits.
Tastes like chicken, if chicken was a candy.