Page 1 of 2
hmm so i've been sitting here thinking, and i was wondering if Raptors would be domesticated, like cats, if they were still around today.. what do you think?

I laughed so ****ing hard when I imagined raptors being used as horses during the revolutionary war.
they're all birds now.
If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
Quote by JacobTheMe

I laughed so ****ing hard when I imagined raptors being used as horses during the revolutionary war.

Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
Quote by StewieSwan
No. Lrn2bible

lrn2liveinreality.
If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
just imagine if we had a pack of raptors with infantrymen equipped with assault rifles and grenades going through the jungles of vietnam.
"take your form
be my fear, be my hope
be the indication
if i'm right or wrong

take your most dreadful form
and let it be known"
he provided assurance
Quote by gavincandance
just imagine if we had a pack of raptors with infantrymen equipped with assault rifles and grenades going through the jungles of vietnam.

we would've won the war
Quote by ATREYUFAN4LIFE

lol wowow you guys dont know good music then... get out of your deth metal and screamo ruts and listen to something that has emotion in the music...

Call me Mike, all my friends do.
i Think they would be the dominate species
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
I for one welcome our new raptor over-lords
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by jetfuel495
Maybe for zoos or something. But as a pet? Hell no.

Most species of raptor weren't really that large... in fact.... people keep lizards as pets today that are roughly the length of the typical Velociraptor. you would just have to do something about those claws (especially that nasty curved one on the foot). However, i don't see what anyone would find aesthetically pleasing about a lizard with feathers.
Quote by Second Rate
Most species of raptor weren't really that large... in fact.... people keep lizards as pets today that are roughly the length of the typical Velociraptor. you would just have to do something about those claws (especially that nasty curved one on the foot). However, i don't see what anyone would find aesthetically pleasing about a lizard with feathers.

Dr. Grant???
I saw a show not that long ago about genetic manipulation. Scientists have learned how to de-evolve certain animals, and one of those animals is the emu which used to be a type of raptor. Apparently they are experimenting now with growing an emu egg into a raptor, so we may have raptors in the near future.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
Quote by f'n_wanker
Dr. Grant???

hahahah nice
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Hobble
I saw a show not that long ago about genetic manipulation. Scientists have learned how to de-evolve certain animals, and one of those animals is the emu which used to be a type of raptor. Apparently they are experimenting now with growing an emu egg into a raptor, so we may have raptors in the near future.

I saw a show like that, only in the one I watched they were trying to devolve a chicken. They got it to the stage where it had a dinosaur like tail, teeth and some scales
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Quote by Insicion
Judging By You'r Mentality And Theory On You'r Iq Score You'r Warrant As To See If Raptors Would Be Suitable And Could Be Affiliated As Housepets Just Like Cats Make You A Dumbwit, Raptors, Just Think Sir

I Know Its Hard For You To Think Right Now Because U Prolly Iz Thinking About The Next Zombie Apocalypse But Think, Raptors, Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaptors R-a-p-t-o-r-s As Pets! Are You Out Of You'r F-----ng Mind, While U Eating Breakfast A Raptor Gonna Bite Ur Ass Like There Aint No Tomorow If You Know What I Mean, Oh Aha Thats Right..

Good Day Sir.

lrn2capslock.

billy mays you are NOT.
Quote by Vendetta16
I saw a show like that, only in the one I watched they were trying to devolve a chicken. They got it to the stage where it had a dinosaur like tail, teeth and some scales

Yeah, they showed that too. It was pretty interesting, but pretty scary too.
"It often happens that I wake up at night and begin to think about a serious problem and decide I must tell the pope about it. Then I wake up completely and remember that I am the pope."

---Pope John XXIII
on topic, crocodiles and zebras arent. and those guys are total badasses. i would domesticate the shit out of a zebra...
I have no opinion on this matter.
The only possible problem I see is the sleeping situation. What if you wanted the raptor to sleep at the end of your bed? He's much too large for the bed.
Quote by Zugunruhe
on topic, crocodiles and zebras arent. and those guys are total badasses. i would domesticate the shit out of a zebra...

i just wanted to tell you that Session 9 is an awesome movie. i am referring to your location.
Quote by f'n_wanker
i just wanted to tell you that Session 9 is an awesome movie. i am referring to your location.

wow, i totally forgot i still have that. i havent changed it in so long.

but yes, it is a very awesome movie.
I have no opinion on this matter.
Cats aren't domesticated. They're barely tame. Otherwise they wouldn't scratch furniture, climb curtains and attack their owners.
Quote by SGstriker

Dr. Mcninja!!!?
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Quote by Vendetta16
I for one welcome our new raptor over-lords

as do i, i'm sure they'll do a fine and wonderful job
My Deviantart

Great Minds Think Alike
Quote by Son.Of.TheViper
You sigged me, AND had an idea the same as mine!
I like you.

About my Lady Gaga/Pokemon parody
Quote by Mike50227
XD not bad

Quote by ExOblivione
You're my hero.

Quote by myevilside
I must say, i love it!

The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
Last edited by TheBurningFish at Aug 3, 2009,
Weren't raptors the size of chickens and the ones you saw in Jurassic Park more like something that began with a "D"?

God I used to have such a fascination with dinosaurs when I was a kid.

Quote by TheBurningFish
Weren't raptors the size of chickens and the ones you saw in Jurassic Park more like something that began with a "D"?

Deinonychus?
Quote by CoreysMonster
Deinonychus?

Thanks! If it wasn't that it was something hella similair.

Edit: Yeah that's it, looked it up.

Quote by BlackCrow15
hmm so i've been sitting here thinking, and i was wondering if Raptors would be domesticated, like cats, if they were still around today.. what do you think?

No, the most intelligent of all known dinosaur species, the troodon, was still only about as intelligent as a chicken. And the raptors weren't as intelligent as troodons. They could probably be domesticated in the same way that aligators in aligator farms are, but as far as keeping them as a houshold pet is concerned, forget it, they'd be completely untrainable, carnivourus, deadly, and in your house.
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Aug 3, 2009,
Quote by SlackerBabbath
No, the most intelligent of all known dinosaur species, the troodon, was still only about as intelligent as a chicken. And the raptors weren't as intelligent as troodons. They could probably be domesticated in the same way that aligators in aligator farms are, but as far as keeping them as a houshold pet is concerned, forget it, they'd be completely untrainable, carnivourus, deadly, and in your house.

eatin' all ur pets?
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by TheBurningFish

Doyouthinkhesawus?

I know Coreysmonster answered it, But thats the first, and more than likely the last time i'll ever get to use that joke on topic......

I'll leave now
Quote by McTodd
eatin' all ur pets?

Depends on what sort of raptor and what sort of pets you have.
Raptors ranged in size from about 0.6 meters in length (2 ft) in the case of Microraptor to over 6 m (20 ft) in the case of Utahraptor.
I can't see a Microraptor taking on a pitbull, but then, I can't see anything that you'd normaly keep as a pet taking on a Utahraptor
I would get a bunch of them and make a park and call it "Jurassic"
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Raptors ranged in size from about 0.6 meters in length (2 ft) in the case of Microraptor to over 6 m (20 ft) in the case of Utahraptor.
I can't see a Microraptor taking on a pitbull, but then, I can't see anything that you'd normaly keep as a pet taking on a Utahraptor

utahraptor is my favourite.
www.qwantz.com
Hahahahahahahahahah hahahaha har har har
Quote by BlackCrow15

Of course they can, what a stupid fucking question.

Thats what Jesus did when he travelled. In his down time his raptor was a close companion who was overly protective of Jesus.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I keep a US military warship around as a pet. Imagine it now.
"Problem, Utahraptor?"
Quote by Vornik
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to put it, along with your other advice, into a book, the pages of which I will then use to wipe my ass.
Last edited by dann_blood at Aug 3, 2009,
Page 1 of 2