Page 1 of 2
Half the threads that are created on here have probably been done before, hence the "searchbar" joke. So do you think that one day there'll just be a crap load of The only ______ threads??? (the only news thread, the only funny story thread, the only spam thread)

Thoughts?
If we're never together, if I'm never back again, well i swear to God that I'll love you forever. Evelyn, I'm not coming home tonight.
is that a serious question?
Quote by Konkordmusk
This man knows what's good in life.
Yes, but then the increased mass of each thread will cause the forum to collapse in on itself, creating a black hole.
Now 100% humour free, in accordance with the rules.

.fm
.wordpress
Nope. With the way the pit is going, with the repeated threads over and over again, with more "the only" threads popping up, this website is eventually going to die out-- it just has to. If the discussion here were more elevated, then perhaps it would stay around longer. But recycled, rehashed, lame 4chan jokes are becoming the only acceptable discussion, so the pit's eventually going to fizzle out.

Or not, I have no idea.
Fender 1989 MIJ Strat (It's from the 80's, so it's gotta be legit!)
Breedlove AC25 SM
There really hasn't been that many good threads lately.....so i'd say yes.
This is a thread of lies!

EDIT: The pit will never run out of topics
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
Last edited by kxy1992 at Aug 3, 2009,
the pit uses pre-existing things to create new topics. as long as time exists there will be news and in the news will come topics of hilarity, philosophy, and racial discrimination and we will be ready with our shoops, and "take it to the philosophy thread", and "3X3 lul stacks"
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Zer0_In
Nope. With the way the pit is going, with the repeated threads over and over again, with more "the only" threads popping up, this website is eventually going to die out-- it just has to. If the discussion here were more elevated, then perhaps it would stay around longer. But recycled, rehashed, lame 4chan jokes are becoming the only acceptable discussion, so the pit's eventually going to fizzle out.

Or not, I have no idea.

LIES!!!! LIES!!!! I SAY
Quote by Wesseem
the pit uses pre-existing things to create new topics. as long as time exists there will be news and in the news will come topics of hilarity, philosophy, and racial discrimination and we will be ready with our shoops, and "take it to the philosophy thread", and "3X3 lul stacks"

Put this in the philosophy thread, and then the Demotivation thread.

I quit /pit/ once, I need to do it again for good.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
you know damn well it wont. as long as 4chan is around we ALWAYS have topics

Maybe that's why they hate us.
Quote by kashuul
Maybe that's why they hate us.

I understand why 4chan hates the pit-- the pit takes the least-funny of their memes, waters them down and makes a new thread for each one every five minutes.

Look, pit: it was cute at first, now it's just annoying. Please stop!
Breedlove AC25 SM
Quote by Zer0_In
I understand why 4chan hates the pit-- the pit takes the least-funny of their memes, waters them down and makes a new thread for each one every five minutes.

wrong. we only take the FUNNIEST. such as trollface, do a barrel roll, candlejack, lol wut pear, and other m-
no. as long as people have something to brag or complain about, the pit will live on
Quote by stinger12345
Because the Bay Area is the ****.

Quote by RockGuitar92
I'd be like "wtf, bro?" Then I'd promptly ice the bitch.
Quote by Zer0_In

I understand that, and it does get annoying, I'm just kinda pointing that out.

If UG just steals from 4chan, why not just go there in the first place? I'd rather have the pit come up with something new than copy stuff from somewhere else.
Quote by kashuul
I understand that, and it does get annoying, I'm just kinda pointing that out.

If UG just steals from 4chan, why not just go there in the first place? I'd rather have the pit come up with something new than copy stuff from somewhere else.

i've seen a few new pit memes come about, it's pretty common actually
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
i've seen a few new pit memes come about, it's pretty common actually

Yeah, but none of them are funny...
Here's my Youtube channel.
I play guitar and video games on it.
You're more than welcome to check it out.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Born_to_shred : Next week or so
Quote by Born_to_shred

people say that about every meme... deep down you're laughing though.
Quote by Born_to_shred

I always thought FASTER TOM! RUN!!! and RUSSEL WHAT THE ****! were funny.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
people say that about every meme... deep down you're laughing though.

Candlejack is the only funny me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote by kashuul
I always thought FASTER TOM! RUN!!! and RUSSEL WHAT THE ****! were funny.

A few of them are funny, but they tend to die down pretty quickly when people start spamming the shit out of them.
No.

The Pit will always use recycled 4chan memes and claim them as their own.
RIP Tom Searle.
All the /pit/ needs now is a bunch of serial killers posting the whereabouts of bodies and other ****ed up things..
Quote by JacobTheMe
Nope, we will spam and repeat forever.

He got it right...

And he like's Jonas Brothers....! :-O

But seriously He's right
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
LRN2CANDLEJACK NEWFA-

and yeah it is the funnies-

Isn't it just supposed to end abruptly? Like you were being magically whisked away by Candlejack hims

Quote by Born_to_shred
Isn't it just supposed to end abruptly? Like you were being magically whisked away by Candlejack hims

yes but with you, it just looks like you got bored and stopped typing. thus candlejack didn't take you away, you just got b-
Looks like the answer is nope.

Quote by Born_to_shred

Yeah. Thats how it go
RIP Tom Searle.
I really don't care if we recycle ideas, I just want to read something without searching through a 200 page thread, only to find out that the post i wanted to reply to was posted 3 years ago. The problem is that people report threads the second they appear, and a discussion never gets started. And furthermore, Searchbar jokes all suck, no matter what they are never funny so people should stop that too.
Candlejack.
Breedlove AC25 SM
Quote by batman187
With more new users come more new ideas and stories, the pit will thrive.

Except the majority of new users suck balls.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides
yes but with you, it just looks like you got bored and stopped typing. thus candlejack didn't take you away, you just got b-

But, if Candlejack was there, typing the dash would be the la

Page 1 of 2