http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-ULTRABASS-BXR1800H-Bass-Head?sku=481478

this one, to be exact. I've read the reviews there, but I wanted to know what the UG bassists thought.

This is going to be for a whole new set-up. I have two options, I get this head, and an acoustic 400w 410 cab, OR, I can get this package: http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Acoustic-B200H-200W-Bass-Head-and-B115-250W-1x15-Bass-Cab-Package?sku=483494

right now i'm leaning towards getting the behringer and the 410 cab... opinions please?
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Last edited by TheTortured at Aug 3, 2009,
coming from my own experiences of behringer - a practice amp aswell as borrowing a larger one - avoid.
you can do much better for the price and they tend to advertise the peak output of their products.

EDIT: go for the acoustic package
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Aug 3, 2009,
Get option two. I doubt you'll find many people that recommend the Behringer.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3
-Fender Road Worn 50s Precision Bass

Gear I Have:
-Peavey Millennium BXP =]
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
I thought it was just the issue of Behringer overrating their wattage that people hated... am I wrong?
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
all the ones i have used have started to break within a short space of time and the tone is not exactly desirable imo.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
You are wrong. I was playing a gig last Thursday, and one of the bands before us used that head. With an MIA Fender Jazz, and it was, well... sh*t. I had a play around with it before the gig and it made my Warwick cry. As I was playing, I swear I could hear it whimper "why Ben? WHY?" And it has nothing to do with my EQing- I know exactly how to EQ, and no matter what I did, it still sounded sh*t.
Behringer in general just doesn't make good products, speakers, heads, pedals, etc... That's why all of their stuff is so cheap. The only Behringer equipment that I can actually use is their mixers.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3

Gear I Have:
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
Oh yeah, another thing every musicians need to learn in their life, Musician Friend ratings don't mean anything. Look at how many 5* ratings there are for the Spider III, claiming that it "totally delivers rock star settings". You did the right thing, coming to a site like this.
Gear I Want:
-Boss GEB-7
-Boss LMB-3
-Boss CEB-3
-Korg Pitchblack
-Boss ODB-3

Gear I Have:
SWR WorkingPro 2x10C =D
One of the best local bassist around, who know plays an ashdown mag through a 4x10 claims, that the best sounding rig he ever owned was a behringer one, and i believe him.

If you play a load of them youll get a sweet lemon.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
Quote by NearDissent
Behringer in general just doesn't make good products, speakers, heads, pedals, etc... That's why all of their stuff is so cheap. The only Behringer equipment that I can actually use is their mixers.

The pedals are useful actually, and I have one of their amps (just got an ampeg though) and its decent. Mixers have an awful rep though.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.