Hi,

I play in an acoustic duo and I'm looking to invest in a volume pedal in the not-too-distant future. Basically our solo instrumental parts are a little weak because we don't really have the means at our disposal to get progressively quieter or louder. I'm playing through a Martin 3/4 Body with a cutaway into a DI which goes into our PA.

So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to what I should look for, what works and what doesn't.

Thanks
If you want to raise the volume level, you would need an active volume pedal which is less common. I would suggest that you just get a clean boost instead.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
If you want to raise the volume level, you would need an active volume pedal which is less common. I would suggest that you just get a clean boost instead.

Fantastic. Thankyou.

Are there any in particular you'd recommend?
I don't really know too much about clean boosts, but you could start out by telling us your budget.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Visual-Sound-V2-Truetone-Boost-Guitar-Effects-Pedal?sku=581181

Visual Sound True Tone Clean Boost. havent tried this one yet, but for $100 and musician's friend's return policy its worth a try
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Volume knob on your guitar?

Do electro acoustics have volume knobs?

For real?

and in all fairness you did make a good suggestion with turning the volume knob up. problem might be that its not practical to stop playing during a song for a quick second to turn the volume knob up.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Quote by Bright Light
For real?

and in all fairness you did make a good suggestion with turning the volume knob up. problem might be that its not practical to stop playing during a song for a quick second to turn the volume knob up.

Yep, that's the problem.

I'll try the visual sound; budget really isn't too much of an issue and I have a Route 66 Pedal through visual sound that I love to bits when I plug my Tele in.

Thanks!