This would be the mosh section of my band, "Alpha Dog"'s new song, entitled "War".

I'll have the main part of the song, as in the verses,solos, and whatever up soon.

The intro and mosh section, (the mosh section being the one I'd like crit for) are both posted.

We've been calling the special mosh "Get the F*ck up", in reference to Slipknot. But either way, it's still a part of the song as a whole.

Enjoy, my fellow headbangers.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/Th6r6a6sH/
GTFO my sig
Quote by Hale_91
i didnt like it =S

Seconded..
Current gear:
Carvin CT6M
TC Electronics Dark Matter distortion
Harley Benton 2x12, with Celestion V30s
Laney Ironheart 60w tube amp
I think that would be a pretty good breakdown if it had higher sound quality, I am assuming it was just an average recording, pretty much any "mosh" or "breakdown" sounds cool if you just stick in syncopated palm muting, sounds ok.
Quote by destroy_techno
this girl like said it was all screemz so I like punched her in teh face, serves her right stupid bish, don't fukk with Pantera
occasionally you let chord ring, dont, mute it. play everything 4 tones lower, and most importaintly, SIMPLIFY the drums, and lower tempo about 20%
*Enter Sig Here*
Excellent, excellent, These are great Ideas.

I was think detuning anyway, as this is in standard.

And tempo has always been one of our strong points, so I'd like to keep it that way. Slowing down, immediately.

Thanks, guys!

Anything more?
GTFO my sig
so you are or arent going to change the tempo? lol

in general, for a mosh to be LOLWUTROLF@cking awesome, it needs a VERY strong pulse.

that doenst really have a pulse at all. so get a bass drum and fly kick it every, say, 2 beats. ( every 2 quavers). thats a good start. hitting the snare along with tthe guitar riff doesnt sound good, so get rid of it. drums have to be HELLA simple.

then confuse the croud with off beat rants by the guitar.

ohh, and Bass Follows Drums.
*Enter Sig Here*
FFS I just left a long crit and the post crashed!

Basically cut the intro, start at (around) 37 seconds.

The whole song sounds like Disposable Heroes with a Eastern Vibe.

I suggest making the vocals more part of the song rather than sitting over the top, they are also a bit weak - you could do better I'm sure.

Hope this helps man.
Quote by Jackolas

The whole song sounds like Disposable Heroes with a Eastern Vibe.

I suggest making the vocals more part of the song rather than sitting over the top, they are also a bit weak - you could do better I'm sure.

I agree 100% with Jackolas on this. The vocals could use some improvement, as I think they don't have enough energy for a Thrash song.

The good: the guitar playing was really good, with that Eastern Vibe that Jackolas talked about. I also thought that the intro really sets the mood for the song, but maybe you could separate it from the song, as was done by Artillery in By Inheritance (album).

Overall, a good headbanging Thrash song.. I liked it

PS: Comment on my riffs, if you please.. They're on my profile