Right now I have a terrible non branded falling to pieces bass and I keep using my brothers guitar amp and I need my own.

I have around 500 pounds and I was wondering if anyone could help me find a bass guitar and amp totalling that price.

I'm looking for a rock/metal bass and a practise amp.
My S**t

Dean Vendetta W/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
Peavey Vypyr 30
Planet Waves Custom Cable
For a band or for your room?

£500 is alot, I'd go for one of these:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ashdown_mag_300h_bundle.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/gallien_krueger_backline_600410_halfstack.htm

You could go the combo route, but then you'll need a stack eventually, the ashdown is the best choice I think.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
To get the most from your money, I always recommend buying used.

BTW: 500 pounds = $847.7 U.S.

Best of luck!
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix
Last edited by Canadian_basser at Aug 3, 2009,
now i'll be blunt here. i know very little about what system, and what combination of speakers/tweeters and subs work well together (if at all). ideally i am going to get the system professionaly installed aslong as the price is around £100 (but again i am unsure as i have never revamped my car speakers before)

If anyone can advise me on a good system which will get me underway i'd be much appricated along with any links which can help educate me.
=================================
*links removed by moderator*
Quote by inter111
*post*

*reported*

The GK backline series are supposed to be very dodgy in terms of build quality, so i would stay away from them.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_gsr200jb.htm - 193

and

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ashdown_magc410t300.htm - 427

total of 620, which is a tad overbudget, but picking up either second hand will keep it within 500 imo.

Although, if you have no visions of being in a band for the forseeable future, then you could get a smaller cheaper amp
Last edited by jimmy_neutron at Sep 3, 2009,
Quote by badgerific
I've got an ashdown mag and they're pretty awesome. Laneys are pretty good too there is one at the place I practice. I can't imagine you being disapointed by either.

I +1 canadian basser's suggestions of basses too.

i agree on the Laney,i have the RB1 practice amp which is 15W for £70 from Guitarguitar if its just practicing on your own i wouldnt really go past 30w tbh but everyones diffrent if your with a band you'll need bout 100w.But im gonna look into getting a Laney RB9 w 4x10 cab after trying it and really liking it as my gigging rig LOL.

And Canadian basser i bought a laney cause i heard my friends guitar one and it was killer for the likes of metal and we dialed it in well for Ramones and stuff aswell xD my bass ones the same they are really good for the money imo.Even their smaller ones pack a punch.

But the Ibanez GSR and the Laney canadian recommended would have you set for a while.
Guitar Gear
Guitar: Ibanez GRG140 (black)
Amp:Peavey Vypyr 75

Bass Gear
Bass: Fender P-bass MIM,Peavey Millenium 5 BXP (x2),Epiphone Thunderbird
Amp:Ampeg PF500 w PF210 cab
Pedals: ODB-3,Big Muff.
I have a 100W Ashdown Five Fifteen practice amp. It's ideal when playing at home (maybe bit to quiet for rehearsals). A very nice amp for around 150 pounds new.
When practicing with the band, I use the Ashdown MAG 300 head and MAG 410 cabinet. Retail price is around 400 pounds, maybe buy a used one?

As for the bass guitar, the Ibanez GSR200 is indeed a nice little bass.
Depending on where you are in the UK, I have a 180 watt Ashdown combo & a couple of basses that I don't use anymore (yeah, I kinda upgraded equipment with stuff that suits me more without selling my old stuff first), the basses are a Spector Legend 4 & a Schecter Stiletto Sub, PM if you want prices & such.