How do I know? Because my first tab was printed on this date, and I started learning songs before learning what a fret was. If anyone cares, it was They Say by Scars on Broadway I hate that song now.

But I've been thinking back when I started; when guitar playing for a full year seemed like a goal I'd never reach, and if I did, I would be shredding the geetar like John Petrucci. That obviously never happened. But it just seems that if you've been doing something for a whole year, you'd be really good at it. And I'm not really. Most of the stuff I know is Lamb of God, which really comes easy to me. For my friends, I'm a god. I don't know why, but the structuring in some of theirs songs is a piece of cake.

I had this goal that by January, I will be able to play the whole album of Sacrament all the way through, a goal I think I'll reach. But I always figured by this time, I would be able to sweep, solo, improv, etc...

But whatever. I just came to thank UG. Not so much the Pit, and I never really read the lessons on the site, but spending my nights reading the GG&A forum and such really helped me out. I learned so much from there forums, and without this site, I'd still be sitting in my room, rocking out to Smoke on the Water or something (the intro, of course).

tl;dr Today is my 1 year anniversary of guitar playing. This site really helped me. But not the Pit.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
How do I know? Because my first tab was printed on this date, and I started learning songs before learning what a fret was. If anyone cares, it was They Say by Scars on Broadway I hate that song now.

But I've been thinking back when I started; when guitar playing for a full year seemed like a goal I'd never reach, and if I did, I would be shredding the geetar like John Petrucci. That obviously never happened. But it just seems that if you've been doing something for a whole year, you'd be really good at it. And I'm not really. Most of the stuff I know is Lamb of God, which really comes easy to me. For my friends, I'm a god. I don't know why, but the structuring in some of theirs songs is a piece of cake.

I had this goal that by January, I will be able to play the whole album of Sacrament all the way through, a goal I think I'll reach. But I always figured by this time, I would be able to sweep, solo, improv, etc...

But whatever. I just came to thank UG. Not so much the Pit, and I never really read the lessons on the site, but spending my nights reading the GG&A forum and such really helped me out. I learned so much from there forums, and without this site, I'd still be sitting in my room, rocking out to Smoke on the Water or something (the intro, of course).

tl;dr Today is my 1 year anniversary of guitar playing. This site really helped me. But not the Pit.

Don't post it in the Pit, then?
RIP Tom Searle.
Here, have a cookie.

Bear in mind I got a little hungry and had a nibble of my own

Now leave the Pit.
ᶌῖᶌα ɭα ɌεᶌσɭƲʈιʘϰ
I stopped reading when you said people see you as a god.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by MH400
Don't post it in the Pit, then?

Pit didn't help guitar playing. I love Pit.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I hope you keep playing with yourself for many years to come, larrytheguitar
Oh **** I gotta do vibrato
Quote by davrossss
Chuck gives his approval and encouragement

You blatantly stole that from me earlier from a birthday thread.
RIP Tom Searle.
i remember one year well. i had just met this dude who had been playing for two years, and could shred like you would not believe, but could also do all the slow melodic bluesy stuff... 3.5 years now and i still cant do the **** he could
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

Yeah.
Ultimate-Guitar is the reason I never gave up.
THANKS U-G!
Do you remember when we were young,
And you wanted to set the world on fire?
Well I still am,
And I still do.

My band needs a singer!