hey, I think most of us know about practicing sales and exercises slowly making sure they are clean but how do you go about practicing a song? i find that when playing a song my concentration kinda goes off of technique and so i play differently to when im practicing. so how can i do about practicing a song?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Practice it by little sections over and over until you got the section down the way you want, and then keep going.
Quote by symba05
Practice it by little sections over and over until you got the section down the way you want, and then keep going.

okay so just break it down and practice it section really slowly?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
depends how advanced you are...
I usually play with the song first go, record it then see which parts i needa work on and go through them before running through the song again.
But i'd advise listening to the song first to get it in your mind...
I know probably everyone is gonna disagree with me, but I don't really learn songs in sections. First I listen to the song a bunch of times, usually on car rides and stuff, then I look at the music and play it through until I can play it right with the recording...I only repeat a section if I'm having a horribly hard time with it. I find that if I don't focus so much on getting it perfect, as I do on enjoying myself, I don't get frustrated and eventually I can play it pretty near perfectly without exerting too much effort. I play suzuki violin, and I try as well as I can to apply it to guitar. I think it's different for everyone though, everyone learns at a different pace in a different way
well i find that at a slow tempo i can parts of the song okay but as soon as i try to play it to a backing track (or the actual cd) it all falls apart. I might try finding that slow downer thing so i can slow down the backing track.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Pretty much what a few guys above me said. Take it slow and in sections and you should have it in no time. Accuracy, not speed, is the key.
Church burning is good for the (social) environment

_██_
(ಠ_ృ--------

Quote by theknuckster
It's like you take vodka, and then dilute it down until it's pretty much water, but still call it vodka, and proceed to pretend to get heavily wasted off it.